Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sketchy Tuesday with Skipping Stones!!!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Welcome to SSD's Sketch Challenge 101!


Wait until you see the awesome sketch Chan Vuong has for us this week.  It's so versatile that you will be able to use any SSD stamp set that your heart desires.

This month the SSD DT has teamed up with Creative Impressions who has so graciously donated many of the items you will see on all of the DT cards this month.  You would not believe all of the beautiful ribbon, cute brads and unique brackets that were given to us.  You'll have to go check out their site to see what other cute items they have to offer.


Here's my card using Chan's awesome sketch and a ton of brads and brackets from Creative Impressions!
All those awesome brackets definitely came in handy with this sketch.  And isn't Timeless Textures just gorgeous as a patterned paper panel???

If you click to enlarge this image, I'm hoping that you can see that this card isn't just done on white cardstock.  I used PTI's Shimmer cardstock and you would not believe how GORGEOUS it is.  The shimmer is just amazing.

Are you ready to play along?
Here's this week's Skipping Stones #101 Sketch:

Joining us again this week are Jimmi Mayo, Betsy Veldman and our honorary DT is Jessica Griffin.  These wonderful ladies created some show-stoppers, so be sure to give them some love.  After you check out their blogs, you'll want to take a peek at the other Skipping Stones DT blogs to see what they have created!
Jennifer Ingle

I can't wait to see what you create this week!!!


I also used the colors in the Inkspirations #94 Color Challenge this week.  When I saw the colors, I knew I had to come up with something because all the brackets and brads matched. How's that for fate???




Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Design - Timeless Textures stamp set
 Skipping Stones Design - Holiday Cats stamp set (sentiment)
PTI cardstock - Shimmer, Plum Pudding and Stamper's Select White
Want2Scrap - Rhinestones embellishments
Creative Impressions brads, ribbon and brackets
VersaFine ink - Imperial Purple
StazOn ink - Jet Black



HAPPY STAMPING!

14 comments:

Taylor U. said...

I am completely bowing to your skills - there is no way I could have lined my brads up that well, even with a guide! LOVE this!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! WOW! I love the sparkle!

Rose A said...

Stephanie I loved your hand stamped panel!!! I was checking your supply list to see who that paper was from!!

And the braddie thingies as scallops..genius!! How did you think if that!?!?

Jessica Griffin said...

Love your card!! I especially love all the bling!

Wendy said...

Good morning Stephanie!! YOUR card is fabulous!!! The unique way you used the ribbon brackets is AWESOME and your post is so well written. Great job!!! I hope you have a good week!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful!

Katie Gehring said...

Wowza! That card is beautiful and so creative with the brads and the ribbon brackets for scallops!

Cathy Weber said...

I can't think of anything better to use on this sketch than all those brads and brackets! They are absolutely perfect. I love the colors and I think this is one of the most interesting cards I have seen in quite a bit, and I mean that in a very good way!

Shannan Teubner said...

So fabulous, Stephanie!! You win for using all those brackets...what a clever idea!!

H2 :) said...

LOVE your stamped & blinged panel Stephanie. Great card! :)

Marisa said...

What a fun card! Love the bling in the pattern and the clips are a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love your take on the sketch this week! What you did with those ribbon holder/bracket thingies is AMAZING! :)

Jessie said...

Oh my WOW!! To cute Stephanie!! I love how you used the brands and brackets!! I have so many and had not thought about using them that way! The brads in between the designs on the paper are a great touch!! Neat card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun to use the brads, and thank you for your sweet words on my cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...