Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Time for Christmas LIGHTS!!!

Hello, friends!!!
Have you recovered from Black Friday shopping?
I'm not one to venture out to the stores, I prefer cyber Monday......lol



Recently, I was reading some of the posts on the PTI forum and was looking for some inspiration for one layer cards that are easy to mail (with no extra postage).  I totally fell in love with Michele's card.  She always inspires me with her clean crisp designs. 

I wanted to make it a little different, so using another older stamp set, I came up with the following.  What's funny is that I saw the top card in her post through a flickr stream and did not know how to do the embossing like she did, so I went for the PTI Framed stamp set, instead.  When I went hunting for her post with her card in it so that I could give her the credit, right below her first card was something similar to what I came up with.  I love knowing that I am thinking like someone as talented as Michele!!!



Ready for some lights?
Just a bit traditional, but so much fun!

Something that Michele did that I totally loved was use Stickles on the lights.  Perfect idea!




Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Holiday Lights stamp set
Framed stamp set
Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Red Magic
Brilliance ink - Starlite Silver
Studio G. ink - Yellow Gold
ColorBox ink - Evergreen
Studio G. glitter glue - Red and Green
Stickles - Golden Rod




Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Another great CASE! I love the clean look of it! Have a great weekend!

Cathy Weber said...

Great card! I just got that set last week and think it is so cute, guess I better get going making some CAS, easy to mail card too! I love your holiday look to your blog too, you were the one who inspired me to re-do mine last year around this time!

Colleen Holmes said...

Stephanie, I love your card using CAS! It really shows off the stamp and very elegant! Hugz!

Holly said...

Very cheery card! I love the frame.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...