Friday, November 18, 2011

Hi, everyone!
It's another Feature Friday with Skipping Stones Designs and I get to feature the Rustic Tiles stamp set this month!!!  You only have a couple of weeks to get this stamp set for a discount price of $12.49.

I've recently learned how to make an impressive background using glossy paper, VersaMark ink and distress inks.  This technique is so vibrant and gorgeous that I couldn't wait to use it with the Rustic Tiles stamp set to make an impressive background for a card.

I just realized in posting this photo that the holly leaves look black in this picture, but I promise that they are a deep dark green felt.  So much prettier than my camera captured in this photo.  In order to get the red matting around the patterned paper to match, I simply used the same red distress ink directly on the white cardstock.

When I slice down my matted panels, I always end up with thin strips.  These are just perfect to perk up the inside of your cards.

I'm using this card for a few challenges this week.  Card Positioning Systems always has awesome sketches and this week's #244 sketch was perfect to showcase a background.  Christmas Card Challenge #50 also had a perfect challenge for my card which was to use holly or a wreath on your Christmas card this week!



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Designs - Rustic Tiles stamp set
Skipping Stones Designs - Christmas Swirls stamp set (sentiment)
Martha Stewart patterned paper - Snowflace
Ranger Inkssentials - Gloss paper
Fillable Frames #7 die
Holly Jolly dies
Rustic Cream, Kraft and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Pinefeather and Pure Poppy felt
Tim Holtz distress ink - Festive Berries
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
VersaMark ink
Martha Stewart glitter marker - Lovebird


Have a happy stampin' kind of weekend!!!



6 comments:

Michelle Philippi said...

Love that minty green. This card is like busy, but clean. It's cold like winter too. Happy Friday!

Jingle said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Stephanie! I love it!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful. I want to hear more about the new background ntechnique that you learned. I hope your having a good weekend!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! Love it!

Kandi Phillips said...

This is gorgeous Stephanie! I love the background and how you transformed it into a beautiful Christmas card!

Jessie said...

What a beautiful card Stephanie! I am loving the red and white background paper you made! So cool!!! You have to share how you did this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...