Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Frilly Paper Ribbon HYCCT card!

Here's another quick post with another Hope You Can Cling To 2011 card!!!



So the name of this challege is.........

Well I am the first to admit that I have an over abundance of ribbons in my stash but sometimes we all need to make use of the basics and take up the challenge to use things in different ways...

So to honour using "what you got".... recycle some tissue paper or get the crepe paper out from the costume box, or convert a strip of discarded DSP into a Frilly Ribbon to adorn a card. Make it cheery make it nice, make someone's day with a fabby little frilly little card.


First time I ever used tissue paper for ribbon!
I took the idea from the post about using tissue paper.  I cut a thick layer of it out using my Vagabond and a border die, then I sewed it together so it would stay assembled.  You can't see the sewn portion because it is adhered under the banner die cut.

Here's a view of all the tissue paper layers when the card is lying down.


I got my layout from Clean & Simple's #164 Sketch!



Materials (All PTI, unless otherwise stated):
Faith & Hope die & stamp set
Flower Fusion #7 stamp set (sentiment)
Medium Scalloped Border die
DCWV patterned paper - Summer Dream
Hibiscus Burst & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress ink - Aged Mahogany & Spun Sugar
Perfect Pearls Mist
Raspberry Fizz ink
VersaFine ink – Onyx Black




Thanks so much for visiting me today! 

1 comment:

Colleen Holmes said...

Love the tissue paper ribbon! Very pretty card! Hugzzz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...