Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another Cancer card

Hello, friends!!!


As much as I hate creating these cards, I'm so happy that I have this Faith & Hope set from PTI.  I used it a lot last month for the "Hope You Can Cling To 2011" card drive, but since then, I've had several friends ask me to make cards for them because a loved one has been diagnosed with this horrible disease.

Here's my most recent card for someone suffering with lung cancer. 
I couldn't wait to use my new Cover Plate die from PTI's latest release!

When I looked up the ribbon for lung cancer, I found out that it is "pearl".  Now, how does a stamper stamp in pearl???  The closest thing I could come up with is die cut the ribbon from PTI's shimmer cardstock which does have a "pearl-y" sheen to it.

Here's the inside with the best sentiment!  Feel free to enlarge the photo by just clicking on it.  You have to read how beautiful this is.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Faith and Hope stamp set
Cover Plate: Quatrefoil die
Mat Stack #5 die
Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Shimmer & Kraft cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Pumpkin Spice & Ocean Depth
VersaFine ink - Majestic Blue
VersaMark ink



Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Stephanie, this card is so stunning!! Love the Kraft card stock as a base for the quatrefoil die cut. I am so sorry your friends are going through this. They're very lucky to have you.

Jessie said...

Lovely card Stephanie!

Anne B said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie and I'm sure it will be such a blessing. It is a beautiful sentiment, just hard to have to use it.

Cathy Weber said...

You are the very first person I have seen use that coverplate Stephanie, it looks wonderful! Such a beautiful card with such special meaning too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...