Monday, November 28, 2011

Altered Holiday Ornament!

Good morning, everyone!

I have a treat for you today!

In July a crafty friend and I went to a stamping store about 40 miles away.  While there, we saw these most gorgeous ornaments and we both tried so hard to find out how they made them.  I bought one of the stamps that the store had that I needed to make them, and then went looking online for the others.  I found them and a tutorial from Outline Rubber Stamps.  You can find their tutorial HERE.  There are so many tutorials on their site, you'll have to check those out, too!

Well, obviously, since you are reading this post, I bought everything needed to make my own as gifts this year.  

Here is how one turned out!
I'm so excited with these "toppers!"  My plan is to glitter up the 3 pieces needed for one ornament every night until I have 8 of them made.  Letting them set over night with all of the glitter glue was just the perfect amount of time to let them dry completely.

Here is just one of the ornaments I chose to go with the toppers I was making.  As soon as I saw the swirly gold glitter, I knew they would match the toppers I was making.


I'm off to do more cutting so I can have these all prepared and ready to go!  I did not include a materials list for these because the linked tutorial above has all that you need.  If you have specific questions, just contact me through the tab above or post your question in the comments.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the ornaments today!
Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Kay said...

Wow- those are just gorgeous! I mean that, I'm really loving these. The rich colors, the yummy glitter- a fabulous project, and thanks for the link to the tutorial!

ursula Uphof said...

Really beautiful, thanks for the link Stephanie

carol (krillsister) said...

You did a beautiful job. I have that exat ornament topper I bought about 5 yrs ago and never used. Maybe if I can find the time, I'll make an ornament or two. Thanks for the tutorial. That might actually get me to do it since I forgot how.

June K. said...

Your ornament is SO pretty, Stephanie. I love the rich colors and all the gold.

Suzie said...

This is absolutely stunning! What a beautiful display! Thanks for the inspiration!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is really gorgeous. What wonderful gifts they will make.

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow Stephanie this is so elegant and beautiful. I love the contrast of the gold against the dark red!!!

Mayol said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Angela B. said...

Wowza this ornament is fabulous! On my must try list for sure!

Leigh said...

Super pretty, Stephanie!

Holly said...

It's stunning!

Joyce said...

These are absolutely gorgeous.

Colleen Holmes said...

Oh my gosh! This is so stunning and gorgeously done! Your work is so amazing, I love visiting your blog! Hugz

Trina said...

Lovely!

Jessie said...

Oh WOW Stephanie was a beautiful ornament!! Hope you were able to get them all made!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...