Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pink Whales??? HYCCT Challenge 1A

Hello all from a frozen, dreary, and rainy camper!!!  LOL

Actually, I am having a good time, being productive and getting inky.  I did bring some pink cardstock and patterned paper just in case I could participate in any of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges posted while I'm here, but out of Saturday's 3 challenges, I could only do 1......and you get to see it today.



Here's Lydia's first challenge:
There are few things that bring me more pure joy than animals. (Stamps aside, of course!) Pets teach us so much - unconditional love, the joy of unbridled play, pure loyalty, and yes, the value of a good, long nap.

So I would like to honor the world's critters, and my challenge is for you to take any critter image and turn it pink! Anything with fur or feathers or scales or wings is fair game!



Here's my little pink whale!
Honestly, the card is pink!  But, since it is so cold and rainy, I couldn't get a good picture of it and when I used the flash it was totally washed out..........so, this is what you get and you'll just have to trust me.  ;-)




Now, camping and stamping did present me with 2 challenges........like......#1......not having pink ink with me!  Yeah, I remember the pink papers but not ink.  DUH!!!  But, I did have my new Memento markers with me and since I took Jennifer McGuire's Inspiration Showcase class and learned that you can use them on stamps.......I had no other option but to try.....LOL

#2.........Having critter stamps! I only brought 2 of my stamp binders with me and most of them are Christmas stamps.  I'm really hoping that a whale can count as a "critter" because that's the only animal I have with me.  I'm just thankful that one of the sentiment stamps worked perfectly for this card, too!


Obviously, I'm entering this into the SCS HYCCT #1a challenge, but I'm also using Jen Del Muro's October's Sketch for You to Try for my card.  You have all month to join both challenges, so why don't you get inky with me?



Materials (All PTI, unless otherwise stated):
Whale Wishes stamp set
Memento markers - Rose Bud & True Black (eye)
Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream & Stamper's Select White
Moxxie patterned paper - Support the Cure
VersaFine ink – Onyx Black
We R Memory Keepers - 1/4" Corner Rounder punch


Thanks so much for visiting me today! 

6 comments:

I'm Renee said...

Stephanie I think it's fabby!
I would have never thought to use this set "in the pink"...
and it really works! :)
And I love using markers for detailed stamps...
I have a problem with solid color pinecones and such...
they're perfect to use when you want to add color!

Karen C. said...

This pink whale is so fun. I think it looks great!

Leigh said...

That's so fun that you bring your stamping stuff with your when you go camping!
Great job with the challenge-- I really like that whale pink! It's super cute!

Jessie said...

I love the whale Stephanie! The pink is great! Hope the rest of the camping weekend was fun!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my gosh, how cute! The world , absolutely, needs more pink whales. Your card is lovely and an inspiration, indeed.

Amy said...

I would definitely count the whale as a critter for this challenge! Markers are great to use on stamps......good way to improvise out camping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...