Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lovely Christmas Tree cards

Are you tired of Christmas cards yet???
I'm sorry if you are, but I was on a roll at the camper a few weeks ago and I got so many finished.

I have to tell you that when I saw Katie's Christmas cards using PTI's new Love Lives Here: Holiday stamps and dies, I knew that these would be easy to mass produce and be easy to mail this holiday.  So, I have to give credit where credit is due........Please check out her blog post with the card that gave me so much inspiration to just run with a ton of these.  You can find it HERE!


Love these colorful Christmas trees!
I did change up the sentiment and the paper, but I just love Katie's idea using this patterned paper.  The trees turned out so awesome!  Thanks, Katie!!!

I did have a challenge in that I did not bring my dabber to distress the edges in brown ink, so I wadded up a paper towel and dabbed it on the ink pad and then rubbed over the edges.

I also discovered that since the dies cut out the tree trunks and stars along with the tree parts, you wouldn't have them cut out in the correct color, so I simply turned them over and colored them with markers.  Worked great!

Materials (All PTI, unless otherwise stated):
Holiday Photo Finisher stamp set (sentiment)
Love Lives Here: Holiday dies
Christmas Prints patterned paper
Kraft and Pure Poppy cardstock
LSS - Dark Green cardstock
VersaFine ink – Vintage Sepia
Martha Stewart glitter marker - Curry
Memento marker - Rich Cocoa



Thanks so much for visiting me today! 

7 comments:

I'm Renee said...

They are fabulous!!
Love the simplicity...
and you're right...perfect for mailing!!
And how creative to flip and color the backside for the trees!! :)
That's the one thing that bugs me with dies all placed together into one...
but then the convenience of just one die that's much harder to lose...
a trade off :)

Kara said...

cute!! love the different patterns on the trees!

Leigh said...

These are lovely, Stephanie! I love how you mixed the patterns on the trees!

Jessie said...

Oh so cute Stephanie!! I am loving the patterned trees!

Deanna Jean said...

These are so cute! I love the mix and match of the patterned paper.

Gayatri said...

Aww love the cute little christmas trees. Love the mix of pattern papers as well.

Michelle Philippi said...

These little layered Christmas trees are adorable. Love what you did with the different patterned papers. Really really cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...