Saturday, October 29, 2011

It Touches All of Us - HYCCT2011 card

Hello, everyone!


This is super quick post with another Hope You Can Cling To 2011 card.  For this challenge, you were to create a card that has a pink collage! Use the photos below for inspiration, and do a collage in any of the following ways:

Traditional collage
Unique collage-the Serendipity technique!
Inchies collage


I chose a traditional collage and used shades of pink and purple.

To make my collage I started off by heat embossing the bras on glossy cardstock.  Next I applied distress inks in splotches all over the bras, then using a paper towel, I buffed the ink into the paper and off of the embossing.  Next, I heat set the background panel and finally used the "French Writing" stamp on top of the images and heat set it again.  Very carefully, I used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the bras.  It sounds harder than it actually was.......and I had so much fun creating the collage!


Materials (All PTI, unless otherwise stated):
Skipping Stones Design - Bras Vol. 1 stamp set
Hero Arts stamp - Old French Writing
Photo Finishers: Holiday stamp set & die
Tim Holtz distress ink - Worn Lipstick, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, and Vintage Photo
VersaMark ink - Clear





Thanks so much for visiting me today! 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Awesome card Stephanie! I love the color choices you used and the bras are great!!!

Karen C. said...

Your background paper creation is really fabulous, Stephanie and I love how you've used the Photo finishers for your sentiment. I really think I need these dies!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...