Thursday, September 29, 2011

World Card Making Day and Hope You Can Cling To

Last year I lost a dear, dear friend in the beginning of October due to cancer and I was filled with all kinds of emotions for quite some time. I was so sad at first and then got a bit angry because she was taken away from us and her family at such a young age.

I came across this October challenge at Split Coast Stampers and began making a card a day for the breast cancer patients at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and it was very therapeutic for me. Each time that I sent a package to the Cancer Center, I felt a bit better. It was a blessing to know that I could make someone smile from something that I enjoy making so much.....and that I was giving them just a little bit of hope.

This year, I will be participating once again. Emotions are still raw during this part of year because it brings back so many memories of Lori and others that have passed due to cancer, but I know that once again, mailing my packages will give others "Hope that they can cling to."

Take a look at this article posted in the Houston Chronicle for this year's event:
World Card Making Day and Hope You Can Cling To | Crafting Travels | a Chron.com blog


If you would like to join me in making cards for the event, just click on the blinkie on the top left.  It will take you to the forum with all of the details.

I look forward to making a ton of pink cards!!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a wonderful tribute to your friend and those who are still fighting! Good for you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...