Monday, September 19, 2011

Squigglefly Sketch Challenge!!!

Good morning!!!

Anyone else a sketchy fiend like me??? 
Even though this challenge was set up for Marlene's Marvels, I can NOT resist doing a sketch challenge!  So, Heather's Headliners are being represented.......lol

Do you remember last week when I featured Nina Brackett's cute little tree set.  Well, I couldn't resist printing out another cute little tree.......Only, it's the winter one this time.  This is the Seasonal Trees Set and has the most perfect image for each of the seasons.  I have a feeling that I may be making quite a few of these cards to mail this season!  The snowman is just adorable!

Oh, what fun I had coloring up this image!  I just love all of the blue and silver.  And, although you can't see it in the picture, all those lights are done with Martha Stewart Glitter markers and they just shimmer so brightly!  Too fun!

I love this sentiment from PTI


Here's the sketch!




Once you have taken us up on this challenge, be sure to enter it in the challenge thread over on the Squigglefly Blog.  You don't need a Squigglefly image to enter the challenge...........but, you are only entered into the drawing for a prize, if you use one.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Seasonal Trees Set
2010 Holiday Tags stamp set
Inside & Out: Holiday stamp set
Peace Be Still die
Nesties - Classic Ovals Large
Snowflake edger punch
Bo Bunny patterned paper - Midnight Frost
Martha Stewart glitter markers - Evergreen, Curry, Lovebird and Lapiz Lazuli
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Sterling
Enchanted Evening & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks - Stormy Sky
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky
Copic markers - R29, YR09, E17/18 and T1




I can't wait to see how differently each of you will use Marlene's sketch!

Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Karen C. said...

Fun card and colour scheme, Stephanie! I have that border punch too and love the way you've used it inside your card.

Michelle Philippi said...

I love the Americana/folk feel to this with the non-traditional colors for Christmas.

Marlene said...

Oh my, you did a FABULOUS job with this, Stephanie! Thanks so much for playing along with the Marvels this week! (You wanna jump ship and come play with us every week? Heehee!)

Holly said...

Look at you Headliners showing up for the challenge in droves! that'll show 'em! LOL!
I love your card Stephanie. the sponging around the image flows into your background perfectly and I love your sparkly lights and snow. The snowflake punched border is so lovely and you tie it all together perfectly with the sentiment being on a snowflake!

Jessie said...

Great card Stephanie!! I love the snowman!! And your snowflake edge is wonderful!!!

Kara said...

so cute!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Absolutely gorgeous shading around the image and the inside of the card is killer. LOVE it!

acreativeneed said...

Wow stephanie!! I love your cute snowman and the snowflake border is perfect! Such a lovely card!!
smiles,Deena

acreativeneed said...

Wow stephanie!! I love your cute snowman and the snowflake border is perfect! Such a lovely card!!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card. Such pretty glittery snow, edge, DP and coloring.

Terri / Brat
Brat Cards at SCS

Heather said...

Great job using the sketch! Just remember to stay loyal to your Headlining team! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...