Sunday, September 25, 2011

PTI September Blog Hop!





Woooo Hooo!  
It's another Blog Hop with PTI!!!  
I actually worked ahead and had my card done on the 17th!  That rarely happens, but I got an idea early on and went with it.  I just love how this card turned out.  I didn't even use a sketch, I came up with it all by myself.
  
Here's Nichole's post about the challenge......

Inspiration Challenge!
We have another amazing inspirational photo for you this month that we just know will bring out the very best in your creativity!  Look closely as there are so many directions to go in!  You can choose to focus on the colors, the stripes, or the repetition.  We look forward to seeing your creations!


 I started by making a background using Background Basics: Chevron Stripes set.  I followed the colors in the inspirational photo.  I was so surprised that I actually had inks that matched all of the colors.  Next, I scored lines down the sides of the stripes where they ended near the edge of the card......I just wanted to give the stripes a border somehow.

After making the background, I die cut the window and adhered a piece of acetate.  I wanted the pearls and flower to look as if they were floating and the acetate helped achieve this look.  Finally, I stamped the sentiments I wanted on the inside being sure they were hidden by the flower and banner on the outside. 


So, this is what I came up with!!!
I used the stripes as my inspiration.  Love those colors.  You can't tell, but there is a piece of clear acetate under the flower, banner and pearls.  That's how I attached the flower which is covering the sentiment hiding on the inside.

And, when you open the card up, this is what you see!  I'm so excited about the hidden sentiment!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Background Basics: Chevron Stripes stamp set
Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set
Mat Stack 3 Collection stamp set
Mat Stack #3 die
Double Ended Banner die
Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst & Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Smokey Gray & Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Thatched Straw, Mango Madness, Pink Grapefruit and Pink Petunia
Studio G. ink - Teal
Want2Scrap - Pearl stickers
Martha Stewart - Dimensional flower sticker



Off to your next blog!!!
 Happy Stamping!!!




23 comments:

Kara said...

gorgeous!! great use of chevron stripes!! perfect for this!!:)

Arlene said...

Such a brilliant take on this photo inspiration...love it! :)

Karen C. said...

Stephanie, I love the way you've used the acetate on the card front .... and the little hidden surprises inside are so unique. The chevrons are a great choice for all the colour choices.

Sara Mac said...

Stephanie this is such a beautiful and clever card. Your bg stamping looks amazing.

Jessie said...

Oh WOW Stephanie!! What a really cool card! I love the way you did the acetate with the flower on top!! So neat!! You really did an awesome job with the picture Nichole used in the idea for the blog hop!

Marge said...

Absolutely LOVE this -- think I'm going to NEED that chevron BG -- be great for guy cards, which I seem to have to do a LOT of lately!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo this is awesome!

Inkyfingers said...

I love what you did here with the chevrons and the hidden message. Gorgeous!
Hugs
Carol x

Keva said...

This is so pretty. Love the chevrons!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the chevrons. The flowers adds a perfect touch.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love how all the elements fit together with your card. Especially love the hidden sentiment.

Margaret M said...

Love those chevrons! Neat idea for your card!

Katie Gehring said...

Love you take on inspiration photo. Those happy stripes would definitely make me feel better!

Linda said...

Great job with the chevrons! Great job with the challenge!

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty!! Love the chevron background and the focal point is beautiful!!! A beautiful card inside and out!!!

Jen Adcock said...

I can totally see why you are so excited about this card. It is magnificent! The chevron stripes have worked a treat here. Clever you!

Laurie said...

OH I love this! That chevron pattern is so fun! I need to try that!

Danielle said...

Great use of the chevron pattern! That's what I thought of first when I saw the inspiration photo, but of course I don't have the stamps! lol

Rebecca said...

AWESOME! Love how you did the flower on acetate - that's genius :-) !

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. I love the window with the hidden message. That is so fun and clever.

Leigh said...

I love your take on the inspiration photo and how you used Chevron Stripes! I also love the window you made-- very lovely!

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the chevron stripes and the flower too.

Lori said...

Very pretty! Love how you used acetate to make the window element.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...