Saturday, September 24, 2011

Owls.....I'm Lovin'!!!

Good morning!

I hope you are having the most wonderful Saturday!!!

I'm here with a cute little card using my new {stamps} of life stamps that came this month.  I also got my new Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kit and the background paper in the kit was just perfect for my "owly" card!!!


Take a looksie!

Isn't that starry background just perfect for this wide-eyed owl??  Love my blues!

Do you want to know my favorite part of this card?  The BOW!!!  I'm so stoked because I had not a single dark, dark navy ribbon to use on my card so I took some white seam binding and my B99 Copic marker and just colored a strip of it in about 20 seconds.  I dried it immediately using my heat tool and I was amazed at how close of a match I got!

I used my Janome sewing machine to sew a border in navy around the 2 back panels, but then I used ecru floss to hand sew the front panel.  I wanted a thicker border instead if just thin thread.  Love the look on that navy blue pattterned paper. 

The owl is paper pieced from the same patterned paper pack and then mounted on craft foam to give it some dimension.  I added the green button to pull the greens out of the patterned paper and it really makes the whole thing pop!




 I used Mojo Monday's #207 Sketch Challenge in order to make my card!  Boy, did I miss them when they were on their well-deserved 2week vacation!



Materials Used:
the {stamps} of life - owls2love stamp set
October Afternoon patterned paper - Campfire
MFT - Sweet Stack Labels dies
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients - Ivory & Blue cardstock and button
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky
Janome sewing machine - Stitch C, Tension 4
Ecru floss
Copic marker - B99
Seam Binding



I hope you like my cute little owl!
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

I'm Renee said...

Absolutely adorable!
I love those papers...
a starry night is perfect for this!
And the ribbon!
I LOVE seam binding...
it's just perfect for cards and that color matches perfectly!

Kim O'Connell said...

We ARE on the same page lately! Love your owl card! Love all those DSP!

Jessie said...

WOW Stephanie! The details on your card are incredible! I love your sewing! I have yet to try that on my cards! Happy Saturday!

Arlene said...

This is absolutely adorable Stephanie! Love the papers you used and the stitching...brilliant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...