Friday, September 2, 2011

More Great News!!!!

Hi, everyone!
It's Friday!!!

But, that isn't the "Great News" that I was talking about (although, it is a good feeling having the first week of school finished).

My GREAT NEWS...........is that  
I have been asked to join the Skipping Stones Design team!!!

I simply loved creating with them as a guest designer for the month of August and was totally excited to be joining a group of super, talented ladies......I found out about becoming a DT member about a month ago, but I had to keep it a secret until now!!!  Talk about difficult!!!!  I'll be serving this term until February and rockin' the SSD stamps that I love so much!

Wendy and Heather thanks for having me!!!
SSD DT, I can't wait to work with all of you and get to see your fantastic creations!



And, since we are talking creations........I thought it was only fitting to share a birthday card for a dear friend and secretary of our school.  This lady is vibrant and fun and just down right amazing when it comes to keeping all of us teachers organized!

She recently got back from Mexico and loved her vacation.........so, I thought using SSD's Margarita Birthday was absolutely perfect for her special day!



Here's what I made using my new set!
I just love all of these bright colors!  It will definitely "brighten" her day!

I had to try to get a shot of the Diamond Glaze on the glass!  It looks so real when you see it in person!  Love this stuff!




I also used the Sweet Sunday #132 Sketch to pull her card together.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Designs Stamps - Margarita Birthday stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - Cotton Bloom Stack
Mat Stack #4 die
Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles dies
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black and London Fog (inside)
Simply Chartreuse ink
Diamond Glaze (over glass)
Copic markers - YG 13/23/25, BG 18 and T1


Thanks again for stopping by!


18 comments:

Wendy said...

I know it is only 7:15am, but that green necter of the Gods is already calling my name. Cute card and thanks so much for joining the team!! Have a great Holiday Weekend!!

Karen C. said...

Congrats, Stephanie. Looking forward to more amazing projects from you and Skipping Stones Designs. Your card today makes me want to break out the tequila!!

Karen B. said...

What a fun card, love those bright colors. Looking forward to working with you!

Jingle said...

I am SO happy that you have joined this great team! I love your fun card!

Amy said...

Hi Stephanie! Congrats to you! You will be a perfect fit for SSD!!! Can't wait to see more SSD creations from you!

Leigh said...

What fabulous news, Stephanie, and very well deserved! Congratulations!!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I love your card! That drink looks so fabulous! :) So happy to be working with you! :)

wendyp said...

LOVE those colors!! Fabulous card! Looking forward to working with you!

Terri said...

Cool Card! Congratulations on being asked to join the design team. I am sure you will make a great addition. I just used their stamps on a card this weekend.

Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I love having great things happen to people I *know* (lol!) :) You are a fantastic cardmaker! You'll do a great job in this role (and I love the card today!

Cathy Weber said...

Congratulations Stephanie! I am not the least bit surprised they asked you to join the DT, after seeing your great cards during the guest designer August month. You are going to be a wonderful addition to their team. I can just see the cards now. Love that bling around the margarita glass. So sparkly.

Shannan Teubner said...

So cute, Stephanie! I can't wait to work with you!

Debbie Gaydos said...

CUTE card, and congratulations on the new gig! They are lucky to have you! :) Can't wait to see what you create!

Lorraine said...

Congrats on the new DT position, Stephanie! Perfect card to celebrate the news!

Jen Adcock said...

Hurray Stephanie! What fabulous news. To be honest the only mind boggling thing to me is why every DT isn't vying for your attention. You really are a crafting dynamo. Stellar news and wonderful card to match. *happy dance*

Jessie said...

Yay!! How exciting Stephanie!! Can't wait to see your stuff!! Have a happy Labor Day!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Congrats girl!

Kandi Phillips said...

So excited to be working with you Stephanie! This card is awesome and I'm looking forward to some of those this weekend! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...