Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mom's Birthday!!!

Happy Sunday, everyone!!!

I have many, many birthdays in September and coming up soon is my mom's!
I got home on Sunday to find my release order from MFT and I knew that I definitely wanted to use their new Prima Donna Flower die on her card!  I just loved it the first time I watched the sneak peek video on how to make it.



Here it is featured on my mom's card!
Aren't these colors just awesome together!!!  And the flower is so, so pretty!

I wanted to show you how dimensional this flower is on the actual card.  It really "pops!"  The leaves are pretty cool, too because there is a scoring mark down the center of the leaf......making it easy to fold them, as well......giving them some dimension, too!

Just the inside using more of the patterned paper and the same stamp set used on the outside of the card.



I the new Freshly Made Sketches #1 Challenge and the colors from Play Date Cafe's #98 Challenge to make this card.  I just love Basic Grey patterned papers!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Harvest Berries stamp set
Communique Curves Sentiments stamp set
Framed stamp set
Birthday Basics stamp set (sentiment inside)
MFT - Prima Donna Flowers die
My Mind's Eye Stella Rose - Hattie patterned paper and decorative brads
Enchanted Evening cardstock
Tim Holtz distress ink - Broken China and Faded Jeans
I Want2Scrap - Navy pearls



Thanks for visiting me today!

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These colors are wonderful together! The flower is so pretty - great accent! Love this inside & out!

Lisa said...

What a lovely card Stpehanie! Pretty DPs and a fabulous flower!!!

Lesley Croghan said...

This is really pretty! Your mom will love it! Love the gorgeous flower. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Smiles,
Lesley

Jen said...

These colors are great! The blues remind me of comfortable denim jeans! That's a wonderful layered flower too. Your Mom is going to love this for sure. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Luanne said...

I love this card. Your Mom will adore it too!! Thank you for your inspiration today!

Judy said...

very pretty card, and you're right the flower just pops. Have a great day.
Judy

Rita said...

What a great birthday card for your mom. The papers and the flower are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! Love your color combo!! The new MTF die is great! I think it may have to go on my list!!

I'm Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love the colors and papers with this...
and I agree...
the flower is fabby! :)
Your Mom is going to treasure this!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh ...your card is glorious and I am sure your mum will love it ... yes, that flower is fabulous and the colours and papers are terrific!
Thank you for joining us in our debut challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Adcock said...

Ooh Momma Bear is gonna absolutely love this. The flower is so fantastic. Just loving its unique layers and jewelled center. Delightfully folksy-fab!

Shirley said...

I know she loved this. What a beautiful card for beginning to end. Where to start! The whole card radiates love!

Shirley said...

The first one is elegant and the second one is fun!

Jinny Newlin said...

These papers couldn't be more perfect for this color story! Stunning creation! And I'm just lovin' that fabulous, dimensional flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Kim O'Connell said...

GORGEOUS! I just got the new die in the mail yesterday! Can't wait to try it out!

Ruby said...

What a pretty card! I just love how you've done the stamping, so lovely and that flower looks lovely with all that dimension. Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

massofhair said...

Loving your card very much, stunning flower:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...