Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Traditional Resist Card

Good Morning, everyone!

Today, I'm showcasing a card that came out of the Inspiration Showcase class I'm taking online with Jennifer McGuire!  It was the very first day of the class and the 20-min. video just blew me away!!!  So many techniques jammed into that video that my head is still spinning!!!  I love it when you know you got your money's worth after just Day 1!



This card features the traditional resist technique but on glossy paper!  Absolutely bold and beautiful!  I never used glossy paper before this, but I'll be sure to always have some on had for this technique!

The snowflake edge and panel were made using the traditional resist technique on glossy paper.  You can't even imagine how beautiful this turns out in real life! 

I just had to dress up the inside of this card to match the outside.


 I used Clean and Simple's #157 Sketch Challenge in order to make this Christmas card!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Snowflake Serenade stamp set
Snowfall Additions stamp set
Vintage Ornaments stamp set (sentiments inside & out)
Peace Be Still die
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Snowflakes
Tim Holtz distress ink - Tumbled Glass
Ranger Inkssentials Gloss paper
VersaMark ink - Clear
Enchanted Evening and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Enchanted Evening satin ribbon
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky
Brilliance ink - Starlite Silver



Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Kara said...

really pretty stephanie!

Heather said...

Cool card- great use of the sketch too.

Jessie said...

Neat card Stephanie! I love how the snow flakes pop off the card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...