Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Card #3

Oh, how I am loving this class!!! 

If it is offered at a lower price after the actual class is over (like Summer Card Camp was), I would scoop it up in a heartbeat!

There are so many techniques and tricks that I'm featuring in my card and these just touch the tip of the iceberg with this class.




I'm thinking that I will be using my PTI Year of Flower stamps much more since learning this technique!

You should see all the glittery goodness this has in real life.  It's unbelievable.  Although all of the techniques took awhile to make for this card, it was so worth it.
For the background of my card I used a wonderful technique with distress inks and background stamps.  Basically, you ink up your stamp in random colors and the spritz it with some Perfect Pearls mist 2-3 times.  Then you stamp this on watercolor paper and hold it there for a few seconds.  When you release the stamp, the image is just amazing.  You can't see the pearly goodness in the background but it shimmers and shines when you turn the card.

Oh, and that red scalloped strip?  How did I get it to match so well (you might have to click to enlarge that photo)?  Jennifer McQuire just gave us a little tip to take the distress inks over scrap strips of paper to match the colors you are using in your card.  So, I took Barn Door distress ink and just ran it directly over a piece of scrap cardstock, sprayed it with some Perfect Pearls mist and zapped it with my heat gun to dry.  Then I cut my little border and it was ready to match the red in the background and the rose.  Such an awesome tip!!!

Click to enlarge this so you can see all the pearly shimmer!
For the focal image, I heat embossed the rose using white embossing powder and then I painted the flower using distress inks.  I used Barn Door all over the rose and then went back in using Aged Mahogany to give it some depth.  Once done, you spray it with Perfect Pearls mist and just watch all of your colors blend.  It's amazing and when it dries, it looks even better!
Loving the inside with that huge birthday stamp!



 I used Card Pattern's #133 Sketch Challenge in order to make my card! I did take some creative liberties like eliminating the 3 little bling dots and the 2 slashes on the left because they just would not fit with my design.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Year of Flowers - Roses stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Flourishes
Think Big Favorites #7 stamp set (inside sentiment)
Mat Stack #4 die
Small Scallop Border die
Hero Arts - Watercolor paper
Ripe Avocado, and Vintage Cream (inside panel) cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks - Barn Door, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey
Ranger - Perfect Pearl mist
VersaMark ink - Clear
Filigree embossing powder - White




Go experiment with your distress inks and some water or Perfect Pearls mist.  You'll be amazed at what happens!

7 comments:

Keva said...

Oh wow...I love the background. That is very cool. I'll have to give that a go. Such a pretty card, Stephanie!

carol (krillsister) said...

very pretty card. The backgoriund is awesome.

Cathy Weber said...

That was a lot of information coming from one post! I guess I better get me some of that perfect pearl mist. I had never heard of it before, but your card is stunning. You are learning so much and in return, sharing it with us. Thank you for that!

Jen Adcock said...

Breathtaking! The YOF Rose has never looked so good. Seriously amazing!

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the Inspiration Class currently on offer. It is so informative. I have yet to make much from it, but my mind is bubbling with ideas. Exceptional value.

Anne B said...

Wow - amazing card and what great techniques/tips you're picking up. just love all that sparkle and shine :)

Jessie said...

Holy cool new techniques!! I love your card Stephanie! Beautiful!! The flower just pops off your card! Another bunch of really neat techniques to try! Thanks for sharing!

Elise said...

THIS card is a stunning celebration of WHY we love this crafty "sport" so very much! Good for YOU! Way to get inky! Thank you, SO very much, for gracing Card Patterns with your fine creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...