Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration Showcase Card #2

Good Morning, everyone!

Today, I'm showcasing my 2nd card that came out of the Inspiration Showcase class I'm taking online with Jennifer McGuire!

Soooooooooo.............Another really cool technique is to make your own patterned paper using an old piece of patterned paper!  No, I am not repeating myself.  It's actually really, really cool!




You take a piece of patterned paper and using VersaMark, you stamp a large background stamp over top the PP.  Next you heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.  Finally, using distress inks, you cover the piece of PP in whichever color you choose and then buff off the ink on top of the embossing.  What an amazing difference you'll get compared to what you started with!!!





But, you be the judge!

Isn't that background just beautiful??  Yes, It's busy.......but, it's just perfect for the Half & Half panel down the center breaking up all the "busyness".......lol




 This is what the PP started out looking like!
Pretty amazing difference from start to finish.  Don't you think?

I am lovingggggggggggggg this class!
So much to learn!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Vines
Half & Half stamp set and dies
VersaMark ink - Clear
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Simply Chartreuse and Rustic Cream cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Tim Holtz distress ink - Tattered Rose
Vinyard impression plate (for flowers)
Ranger - Perfect Pearls mist (for flowers)
The Twinery twine - Honeydew
Recollections - brad and pearl
Misc. buttons and paper flowers



Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Wow, that is so cool, Stephanie! I love it!

Karen C. said...

Amazing results, Stephanie. I tried 'looking' for the original paper on your card, but it's totally disappeared!! It's magical!!

Heather said...

Stephanie- wow- that is amazing. I have been so busy I missed that Jennifer was offering this class. Now you show me what I am missing. I'm so glad you showed the original paper- I really thought it was a floral/ flourish- never would have guessed at the true appearance of the original.

Cathy Weber said...

I would NEVER have recognized that original paper if you hadn't shown it. This is a really great technique. You really are learning a lot, thanks for sharing that knowledge with us all.

Jessie said...

Ok this is such a cool technique Stephanie!! Thanks for sharing!! Lovely card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...