Monday, September 5, 2011

A Splash of Red for a Special Person

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

 It's been an awesome Labor Day for me.........a labor of making cards all day since about 10a.m.!!!  Mike has been watching football games that he recorded over the weekend since we were at the river and I've been making cards........5 of them so far........hoping to make even more!

Since I haven't had the chance to ink up any of my new PTI stamps since last release, that's where my focus is today. 


Here's a quickie card using my new PTI - Harvest Berries!

Oh, am I going to love this set!

I was inspired by The Play Date Cafe #97 Color Challenge which is a "Color Splash" challenge this week.  So, the card has to be black and white with just a splash of red.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Harvest Berries stamp set and dies
Modern Wood Mats stamp set
True Black and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Kaiser - gemstones
Filigree embossing powder - white
Misc. white ribbon
VersaFine ink - Satin Red
Fresh Snow ink


Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Wow, this is stunning.
TFS
Ang

Joyce said...

Very striking and beautiful.

Jessie said...

Stephanie love love the black and white with a splash of color! Glad you are enjoying you day off!

Karen C. said...

What a dramatic interpretation of the colour scheme challenge. I love the pop of red ginkgo leaves against the black card base.

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card! I really love that sentiment :) Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...