Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mikes!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I got home from camping around 1 and decided to try to fit in a card before we are to go have dinner with some friends.  Since school started this week, I had absolutely no time to craft and I was jonesin' to make somethingggggggggg...........anythingggggggggggg!!!

Well, I saw 2 challenges that could go together and I set to it.  Got the pictures taken, this blog post written and went to submit it and was late by about an hour.  :-( 


My husband's and my father's birthdays are both on 9-11, so I had to get working on those cards and the one below is for my Mikes, who I am still "nuts" about!

Since Mike is a "nature" guy, I couldn't pass up this stamp set from PTI called Autumn Acorns.  I even bought it mainly for this sentiment!

I mixed a few companies and sentiments for this inside.......but, it worked perfectly.



Here were the challenges I was hoping to enter it in:
The Colour Que #100 Color Challenge (which you could choose ANY of their past combinations and I chose #88) and the Clean & Simple #155 Sketch Challenge:




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Autumn Acorns stamp set and dies
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set (inside)
Verve - All About You stamp set
Woodgrain impression plate
Basic Grey patterned paper - Indian Summer
Kraft, Rustic Cream and Vintage Cream cardstock
Gina K. - Brown saddle stitch ribbon
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia and Crimson Red
Dark Chocolate ink


Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

So glad you are still "nuts" about your Mike. This is such a cute card and I am sure both of the Mike's will enjoy the heartfelt cards you make for them!

I'm Renee said...

It's fabulous...
love the colors and those acorns...
so fabby! :)
And having a 9/11 birthday myself...
it's such a horrible day to celebrate and I always feel guilty about it...
so please express to them both from another 9/11 birthday'er "Happy Birthday...once upon a time it was a great day to celebrate".

Jessie said...

Oh so cute! What a great card!

Leigh said...

This is fabulous, Stephanie! Great job with the challenges!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Stepahnie, I love your fun card and the palette you chose! Thank you so much for playing along with the colourQ's 100th challenge!

Kara said...

this is so awesome...so glad you joined us at the ColourQ!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...