Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Good Morning, everyone!

Today, I'm showcasing a card that I made for my dad's birthday.  It's coming up on Sunday and I just totally enjoyed making this for him.  He is a hunter and a fisherman and loves the outdoors, so what a perfect set "Through the Trees" is for his birthday.



Happy Birthday, Dad!

I used so many sets for this card.  Just on the front, I'm using Think Big Favorites #7, Through the Trees and Autumn Acorns.

On the inside I used Make A Wish, Framed and Botanical Silhouettes!  I used a Copic marker to put in the comma AND I just realized that I need to use it again for the exclamation point after "Dad!".......lol




 I used Clean and Simple's #156 Sketch Challenge in order to make my dad's card!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Through the Trees stamp set
Autumn Acorns stamp set & dies
Think Big Favorites #7 stamp set
Make a Wish stamp set
Framed stamp set
Botanical Silhouettes stamp set
Woodgrain impression plate
Boy Basics: Simple Circles die
Tim Holtz distress inks
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Terracotta Tile, Kraft and Rustic Cream cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Jumbo Java
Studio G. ink - Gold
Orange Zest ink
Copic marker - E59 (for the comma)



Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Stephanie, I LOVE this! I love how you've added the leaves on top of the image panel and the circle matting behind it!

I'm Renee said...

OMG!!!
This is fabulous!
Love the woodgrain with those gorgeous trees...
a perfect "manly" card!
And the font...
it's perfect!
Love this!
And he will too! :)

Leigh said...

Fantastic card, Stephanie! I love how you used the Simple Circles die with these other stamp sets (I need to pull that die out again!)

Karen C. said...

This is really stunning, Stephanie. I love the warm and rich background behind the trees. It's such a great look. Isn't it fun to use lots of different stamps on one card! - Everything co-ordinates so nicely.

Victoria said...

Great card, Stephanie! I love the shading on the tree image, definitely looks like a fall scene to me. I'm sure your dad will love the card!

Jessie said...

Awesome card Stephanie!! I love the wood grain impression plate back ground with the Through the Trees stamp set! Love the colors choices!! Hope your Dad has a wonderful day!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great masculine card. Love the shading behind the tree. You did an awesome job using a variety of PTI goodness.

Jen Adcock said...

Amazing card as per your capable custom. I just adore the particular combination of sets and dies. They really seem a perfect match. This card is a perfect masculine card and is not at all cliche. Fabulous!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

This card is gorgeous! Love it! :)

Kara said...

Really beautiful card. Perfect for a man. Your dad and I share a birthday!! Tell him I said " Happy Birthday"

Shirley said...

Oh wow! Fall lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...