Thursday, September 8, 2011

Christmas Card for PTI's Make It Monday!!!

Good morning, everyone!!!

I have to say that I am totally shocked that I have not done a MIM challenge since July 7th!!!  What's wrong with me???  I know........It was a busy, busy summer, but I had no idea it's been that long!

So, this MIM focus is on creating a background using non-background stamps.  Pretty cool idea and a totally different way to look at your stamps.  I chose to use my "new to me" Winter Swirls stamp set (I got it in the PTI sell/trade thread).   You can take a peek at the PaperTrey Ink Make It Monday #31 video by Dawn McVey by going to Nichole's blog.



I absolutely love how this background turned out.  The cranberry and browns work so well together!
Loving that ribbon, too!





Here's the Make It Monday Video, if you are interested in learning this technique:


I also used the Christmas Card #40 Challenge to make it work with the MIM challenge.  Using the cranberry, chocolate and cream made a gorgeous card!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Winter Swirls stamp set
Fillable Frames #10 die
Vintage Cream, Rustic Cream and Dark Chocolate cardstock
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia and Crimson Red
Misc. ribbon


Thanks for visiting me today and if you have time, do check out that video it is an awesome technique that I will use again!

8 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Great job creating the background! I love the ribbon and the color choice, too!

Alanna said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty Christmas card great background and perfect bow.

Karen C. said...

Wow. that's really a stunning background, Stephanie. Another card for your Christmas stash! :)

Jessie said...

Ok Stephanie you so rocked this background!! Your card is wonderful!!

Lorraine said...

Stephanie, this is beautiful! I love the background pattern you created and the colors are yummy together!

Carla Cabrera said...

I agree that the colors work well together. Great job.

Shirley said...

Elegant and so Christmas pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...