Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding Congrats!

It's Thursday!!!  
Which means Friday is looming ever so closely!!
Which means........dinner out with friends and a nice weekend ahead!

Okay, so my DH would say, "Quit rushing your life!"  But, I just can't help it.

Today I have a special card that I just love.
A very crafty friend of mine asked me to make her a "newlywed" card.  I was sort of stumped because I didn't know if I should go elegant or cute.  The next day my Enjoy the Ride set came in the mail via a swap on the PTI board and I KNEW I wanted to use it for her card.

This is what I came up with!
I'm hoping it's masculine enough for the new husband, but cute enough for the new bride.

Isn't this the most perfect sentiment for the inside???  I actually combined stamps from Verve and PTI and came up with this.  I absolutely love it!

I used Mojo Monday's #202 Sketch for this card and just loved all the different elements to make it work.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Enjoy the Ride stamp set & die
Verve - Anniversary Birds stamp set
DCWV - Linen Closet matstack patterned paper
Nesties Classic Rectangles large (to make the triangles)
Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist cardstock
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Twill ribbon
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Kara said...

really sweet and i love the sentiment inside!!

I'm Renee said...

Adorable!!
And I love the blending of the sentiments...
they work so well together!
Perfect! :)

Amy said...

WOw you did a FAB job with this sketch! I just can't seem to "feel" this one. I may try again today. I love all the little flags and triangles but have to figure out how to make it all work!

Lisa said...

Very cute, love the VW and the sweet sentiment inside!

Margaret M said...

Hey Stephanie! Love the card..not too feminine or masculine. The sentiment is perfect..I need to start putting sentiments inside my cards.

Jen said...

Such a great card that is just that perfect bit manly. Love the colors and the use of the geometric shapes. Very cool bananas!

Jessie said...

Perfect card Stephanie! I love the sentiment!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Great card! Love the light and informal feeling - perfect for an eloped couple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...