Monday, August 29, 2011

Squigglefly Monday Challenge........Writer's Cramp!!!!

Good morning!!!

While you are reading this, I'm a nervous wreck because my new class is arriving for their first day at 8:00 this morning!!!

Why am I nervous??? I always am.  I just want the kids to have such a great first day and go home knowing that tomorrow will be great, too.  The kids come with such anxiety and I want them to know that we can have loads of fun while we are learning.

Sooooooooooooo...........Wish me luck while you are reading this post!



The challenge this week fits absolutely perfectly with my first day of school...........

We want you to use chalk (any kind), pencils, ball point pens, highlighters or crayons on your project.  Or, you can do what I did and use a school themed image or sentiment on your project.

Once you have taken us up on this challenge, be sure to enter it in the challenge thread over on the Squigglefly Blog.  You don't need a Squigglefly image to enter the challenge...........but, you are only entered into the drawing for a prize, if you use one.

I decided to go with my most favorite Squigglefly images.........a Shy Bear!  This image is one of many that Lynne Stansbery creates with this cutie-pa-tootie little bear.  This one is called Shy Bear: Teacher Bear and is just as adorable as all of the others.

You all know that I just love the Shy Bear images......but, this one takes the cake!  I didn't even know there was a Shy Bear that was school related until I did a search for "teacher" on the Squigglefly site!
I'm giving this to a fellow teacher who left towards the end of May last year to have her 2nd baby.  Starting back will be so hard for her because I know she'll be thinking of her little guys at home.  I hope this brings a smile to her face and makes her day a little better.


Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Shy Bear: Teacher Bear
PTI - Tag-It's #7
DCWV patterned paper - Grade School Stack
PTI - True Black, Pure Poppy & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Fiskars Star Punch
Colorbok - Red Glitter patterned paper
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Copic markers - R20/24/29, G17, YG17/93, Y18/23/32/35, YR02/07/15/18/24, 
B000/21/23, E17/18/35/39/81, and C1/2/5/7/9


I can't wait to see what you use on your school images this week!



Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Kara said...

well now its 830 and you are 30 minutes in and im sure you are not as nervous as you were. with an attitude like yours im sure they are already having a great time in your classroom!

Kim O'Connell said...

Hey, what grade do you teach? Now, back to the real reason for this comment. SUPER cute card! I am sure your co-worker will appreciate it!

Holly said...

Stephanie, I hope you had a great first day and that you got a class full of eager new learners! this card is adorable and is sure to bring a smile to your co-worker's face. It's very thoughtful of you to make her something because I'm sure it's hard to leave a new baby after so much time together.

marilynprestonn said...

Stephanie, this is just so cute. I love the writing on the chalkboard and the beautiful little bear you used. Love the sparkling stars too. :)Peggy

Anonymous said...

Your card is SO cute. I really hope you don't need the same rules in your classroom as this bear does.

While you are welcoming kids back and being so thoughtful - we moms are celebrating! Mwhahahaha!

Teachers ROCK! I hope you get lots of parent helpers this year. :)

Terri / Brat

Heather said...

Hope you had a great first day! Perfect that the Shy Bear can hide in the basket of papers to grade.

Love, love this card- especially the stars- they pop. Great job on the challenge.

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

This turned out just great. I love the teacher themed shy bear. Those star are just awesome too. Good luck on your first week back ;D

Jessie said...

Oh so cute Stephanie!! Hope your first day back went well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...