Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge!!!

Welcome to Skipping Stones Sketch #91!

Before I introduce my final card as a guest DT ....for.... the final sketch this week from the most awesome Teri........I have to say thank-you to the Skipping Stones team for having me participate this month.  I absolutely loved being a guest DT member and getting to create with such wonderful ladies!  I totally enjoyed the opportunity and the sketch challenges!!!

 So are you ready for the sketch?
Remember, if you play along with this sketch by going to the Skipping Stones Design Blog,  you could win any SSD stamp set of your choice!  How's that for fun?



Here is my card using Always Here and Teri's new sketch!

I substituted the butterflies for the circles and used Liquid Pearls and some pearl embellishments to match the Perfect Pearls in the butterflies.

Just a "straight-on" shot so you can see all the beautiful colors better.


This was the very first time I used Perfect Pearls with stamping on a card. I've used them before, but only to add to my Ranger inks to make a glimmer mist.  Nichole Heady of PTI recently used them on a card for a past release and reading about the technique jogged my memory that I actually had these powders and never used them this way......lol  So, I had to try.

I also have never used Liquid Pearls and just bought a bunch.  I was thankful to find that I had 2 of the 3 colors to match the butterflies.......but, the third I had to use pearl embellishments.  My Liquid Pearls didn't exactly turn out "round" and are a little cone-shaped.  I even did the flicking and tapping of the panel on my desk, but they wouldn't make that perfect drop......so, I'll have to do some more practicing, I guess.  It all came together, so that's all that matters!  ;-)



Teri did a wonderful sketch for this week's challenge, as it open for basically anything you want to use.  Here's this week's Skipping Stones #91 Sketch below:
I rotated the sketch to the right, making it a vertical card instead.  Love all the options you have for this........because the circles don't HAVE to be circles.  Get creative!

Please be sure to give the wonderful DT and guests a peek!
They all have great cards waiting for you.

Stephanie Mino (you are here)


I can't wait to see all of your creations!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Always Here stamp set
Perfect Pearls - Gold, Copper & Bronze
Liquid Pearls - Buttercup & Bisque
True Black & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Fresh Snow ink
Filigree embossing powder - White
e. Line Prima crystal pearls




HAPPY STAMPING!

14 comments:

Brenda Weaver said...

so pretty, Stephanie! Love the black and the pretty bling.
It's been great designing with you this month!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a gorgeous card Stephanie! I love that you thought to change the circles to butterflies and I thought those liquid pearls were the self stick kind, no idea you made them with liquid pearls. They turned out really nicely. Mine are usually great big blobs!

Michelle Philippi said...

All that color and sparkle looks sooooo good on the black. Great great pop.

Kandi Phillips said...

Love this Stephanie! You have been such a fabulous guest and I loved all of your cards this month! The pearls look perfect and now I really want to go buy some of these! :) Great job with the sketch this week, love those butterflies!

Karen B. said...

What a fun technique Stephanie. The bold background is awesome too.

wendyp said...

Wow! Very elegant with the perfect pearls! Great job!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Love your take on the sketch Stephanie, and you've got me wanting to try some of those Perfect Pearls!

Jen said...

Gosh this is lovely. You knid of make it look like using Perfect Pearls is easy. I know it is so not. I am on to you Ms. Mino. ;-) Gorgeous as always!

Wendy said...

Great card. The black background is so stunning with the images. I look forward to the coming months!!!

Anne B said...

Fab card, Stephanie. Congrats on the guest spot and love that bling!

Karen C. said...

The black background really makes the butterflies 'pop' - it reminds me of a warm summer night with lots of fireflies !!

Rose said...

You do NOT want to see what my liquid pearls looked like the first time I used them ! Yours came out beautifully ! Love the pearls on the black, what a gorgeous look.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! I love the butterflies on the black card stock! The pearls just pop off the page!! Very cool!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Beautiful in metallics! I don't know how to use perfect pearls, maybe you can do a SSD tutorial on them for us?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...