Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Simple Sympathy Card

It's Wednesday and I only have 1 more week before school starts!!!
Where did my summer go?  It seems like just yesterday I was getting OUT of school......LOL


Today I have a special card that as quick and easy!
Unfortunately, I think I sell more sympathy cards than any other.......so, I have to start replenishing my stash of cards.  Recently one person bought every one of the sympathy cards that I had in my card box.  She said she loves having them on hand so that she can mail them out right away.

The reason I love this card so much is because it can mail out easily because it is a flat card.  I'm definitely going to have to make many more of these in different colors.

If you click to enlarge this photo, you'll see that the embossed background matches the patterned paper EXACTLY!  I was so excited when I put the two together.

I used CAS-ual Friday's #15 Sketch and Clean & Simple's #153 Sketch for this card.  The two blogs are teaming up so one card can do double duty!!!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Life stamp set
Wildflower Garden stamp set (sentiment)
Background Basics: Diamonds impression plate
DCWV - Lemon Flower matstack
Harvest Gold cardstock
VersaFine ink - Imperial Purple


Thanks so much for stopping by today!


13 comments:

Jessie said...

Really pretty Stephanie! The impression plate background is great!

wendyp said...

very pretty!!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card Stephanie. So soft and soothing.

Marybeth said...

Very pretty CAS card, just beautiful.

Kara said...

beautiful! perfect use of the sketch. this is a set that is forever on my wish list...one day:)

Michelle Philippi said...

Sympathy cards unfortunately are the ones that we seem to go through the quickest. I'm thinking it's because we don't have that many on hand so it just seems like it and not because people are dying right and left. At least telling myself that. Ah well. Love the gold/yellow? and purple...a great combination...clean and pretty...

I'm Renee said...

Beautiful!
Sympathy cards are hard...
and this is so tasteful.
Love the colors...
soft and comforting.
And we started back to school over 2 weeks ago...
but a long weekend very soon! :)
Enjoy your last week!

carol (krillsister) said...

Perfect sympathy card. Colors are soft & soothing. Love the IP. It's one of my favorites.

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful! Pretty color scheme for a sympathy card! I love that sketch!

Danielle said...

Beautiful! love the colors and your use of the impression plate. For whatever reason I am afraid of Impression plates lol but I always love the look and dimension they give cards.

Amy said...

Beautiful and so CAS.....Love the color purple you chose as it is so calming.

Kryssi said...

Beautiful! loving all the diff textures you managed to get into this! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Katie Gehring said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors you selected, the texture, and the beautiful images!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...