Monday, August 22, 2011

Set of 4 Thank-you cards

Good Morning, everyone!

I'm back with more Gracious Vases cards!  It's funny that when I receive a set of stamps, I love making several cards with them before I catalog them for another time.

I honestly got my inspiration from this post from Maile Belles when she was introducing Gracious Vases.  I "Pinned" it and while looking through my CAS Cards category, I saw it and thought I would make a set of cards for a dear friend using this idea.


The two cards in the back have pink twine.  I should have thought to put one of them up front for this photo.

Here's a close up of the clear embossing on the bottom of the card.  I also got this idea from other posts Maile did for us using several stamp sets that month.  I loved the effect but never got a chance to use it, until now.  Click to enlarge to see how beautiful that pattern is.



I followed a the Play Date Cafe #95 Color Challenge & CAS-ual Friday's Embossing Challenge in order to make this set!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Gracious Vases stamp set
Think Big Favorites #2 stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Flourishes
The Twinery - Honeydew & Blossom
Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky, Tea Leaves, Aloe Vera & Pink Petunia



Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Pretty cards, like the vases of sweet pink flowers!

Karen C. said...

Wow.. these are just gorgeous. I really love the effect of the embossed flourishes in the loser half of the cards. The vases, 'sitting' on the twine is such a unique focal point.

Karen C. said...

Oops ... just looked at the card again and the the vases are on the 'thank you'. Still love them!! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

A great set of thank you cards, and a great way to use our colors this week. I like the bit of twine you used on each one; really sets it off. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Julie Day said...

Beautiful set of thank you cards! Love how the intricate bottom half is separated from the simple image top half with the baker's twine :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Shelly said...

I almost always make batches of cards too!! And your are really sweet. I like the soft colours all together. :O)

Shelly X

Suzanne Russell said...

How very pretty! The clear embossed part is a perfect compliment to the sweet stamped image.

Jaclyn Miller said...

So simple and gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous set of card!! Love your design!! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

What a beautiful set!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...