Thursday, August 25, 2011

PTI August Blog Hop!!!





Would you believe that I haven't participated in a PTI Blog Hop since April?  APRIL!!!  Sheesh, what was busy doin'?


I'm just happy that I could participate this month!
  
Here's Nichole's post about the challenge......

Inspiration Challenge!
We have another amazing inspirational photo for you this month that we just know will bring out the very best in your creativity!  Look closely as there are so many directions to go in!  You can choose to focus on the colors, the motifs, or the idea of incorporating books/book print or even jars.  We look forward to seeing your creations!

This is the inspiration photo!  I chose to focus on the colors, motifs and books for my card below.

 I started by making a background using my new Iconic Images set.  These beautiful elements all worked so perfectly for the back layer.  VersaMagic ink in Wheat was a perfect match for the Fine Linen cardstock.

After making the background, I stamped the book image and sentiment and went looking for a flower.  Just as I was doing so the mail came and my August release arrived so I knew instantly that I was going to use my new Bloom Builders #3 die.  At first I was trying to find patterned paper to match the pink, but when I ran across the book print patterned paper, I knew that was what I wanted to use.


So, this is what I came up with!!!




I am really double tasking with this card.  Not only am I entering it into the PTI August Blog Hop, but I'm also using it for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge to bring it all together.  I just love these sketches!





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
All Booked Up stamp set
Iconic Images stamp set
Bloom Builders #3 die
Echo Park patterned paper - Country Drive
The Girl's Paperie patterned paper - Kitch
DCWV patterned paper - Cotton Bloom
Fine Linen & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black & Bamboo Leaves
VersaMagic ink - Pink Petunia & Wheat
Vintage Buttons - Holiday Mix
DMC Floss
Recollections Dimensional Stickers
Taylored Expressions - Tiny Twinkles
Copic markers - YG17, R85 and E81



Off to your next one!!!
 Happy Stamping!!!




18 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Very nice Stephanie! I love the colors, and that background with Iconic Images. Great interpretation of the inspiration! Well done! :)

I'm Renee said...

Love how you used Iconic Images for the background...
and books as the focal!!
That BB flower is awesome and I will trying it with some bookprint as soon as it gets here...
hopefully today! :)
Fabby card!!

Kara said...

great card!! love that bloom!!!

Laura Isham said...

Love your interpretation of the photo and the sketch! Really, really loving that background you stamped.

Marge said...

AWESOME -- LOVE that bloom done with old bookprint too!!!

Lisa said...

Wonderful Stephanie!!! Love the text printed paper for the bloom and all of the fabulous elements you've put into this card!

Marybeth said...

Amazing card it's so beautiful and I love that you used the book. I like everything about it.

Rhonda said...

Love the print flower!!

jen said...

love it! your background is so pretty & I adore the text flower!!!!

Ally said...

Lovely! I really like that bookprint mum. ;-) Glad your supplies arrived just in the nick of time!

Jen Carter said...

So pretty! I love that bookprint flower!

Karen C. said...

Ahhh ... such wonderful layering of so many goodies, Stephanie. the flower is just gorgeous and I like how you focused on the open book image.

Amy said...

Stephanie, love that bookprint bloom a LOT! And great use of Iconic Images as your background. Pretty card!

Anne B said...

Fab card, Stephanie - love your take on the challenge. Oh, just noticed that gorgeous iconic images background - thanks for the inspiration :)

Linda said...

Lovely card!

Terri said...

Glad you were able to play long. Love all the different elements especially the book print flower.

Monica K. said...

Very pretty, Stephanie! I like the book print flower and the background stamping too. Great take on the photo and beautiful card!

Jessie said...

Love it Stephanie!! Your background came out great and I am totally loving your flower I have not tried it using DP! Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...