Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Orange Birthday!!!

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick post as my mojo has gone south for some reason.  Not quite sure what it is, but I'm not feelin' the "stamp" love lately.

So, I threw this one together and absolutely LOVE the background, but that's about it......LOL
How sad is that?

I think this will work if I have a friend that loves Harry Potter..........for some reason, that's what the card reminds me of.......LOL
Anyway, here it is!

I think it's the cake that I don't like.  You can't tell that there is a bottle of champagne on the top. I was trying to keep everything orange for the challenge, but perhaps I should have ventured out a little bit.

I'm submitting this for the Impression Obsession challenge this week which is to use their stamps and create something orange.  That was a bit difficult for me because I all have from IO is their CAC stamps, a birthday set and Christmas stamps.  I knew if I went with an orange Christmas we would have had a much worse disaster than this one..........LOL

Materials Used:
Impression Obsession - Birthday Cakes stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Screen & Flourishes
VersaMark ink
PTI - Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile and Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Habanero
Taylored Expressions impression plate - Stars
Inkssentials Opaque Pen - White
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Yellow Barite


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Shirley said...

What a really great card, Stephanie! I think the white embossed area is perfect for your image too! I like the way you trimmed around the cake and bottle. I think it could also be a candle on top. Great work with the CAC's too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Steph!

Did you emboss the cake? Whatever you used is really outstanding!

Arlene said...

Beautiful! Love the cake with the champagne on the top!

Cathy Weber said...

I love the embossing on this card and I think an orange Christmas card from you would probably have been just perfect. You are the Queen of Christmas cards in my book. Hope you win this IO challenge! Wonder which stamps you would pick?

scrappinmommom said...

Good luck in your challenge. I think it looks great! A splash of orange once in awhile is energizing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...