Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Squigglefly Monday!!!!

Good Morning to all of you!!!

New week and new challenges going on over at Squigglefly's blog!!!  
And, I can't wait to share with you this week's challenge!

For this week's challenge we want you to add a handwritten sentiment, doodling or something hand drawn to your project!  Of course, you know what that means, don't you???  You can essentially use ANY image for this challenge!!! LOVE THAT!!!

I chose to use a new image from a brand new artist here at Squigglefly.  LuLu Lancaster has a goth style that is ever so popular with the teens nowadays.  I chose to use her new Gothic Flower Child image for this week's challenge.  I'll have to admit that I'm quite new at this style and tried my best, and I had a blast coloring this image.  Hey, you can't get better unless you keep on trying, right?

I used Old French Writing for the background panel but then also added the sentiment in my own handwriting.

I'm also using this for the Inkspirations #80 Color Challenge this week.  As soon as I saw purple, peach and green, I knew I could use it for the flowers in the drawing.



I can't wait to see what you come up with this week, so join in the fun and start on a project with some handwriting on it!!!  

Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Images - Gothic Flower Child
Hero Arts stamp - Old French Writing
PTI - Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions - Scalloped Eyelet Border die
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients green cardstock
Tim Holtz distress ink - Milled Lavender
Copic 0.5 Multiliner pen
Copic markers -V09/17/25, E000/00/11, YR02/82, C2/5/9, and G12/24

12 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

Love it Stephanie! Love that crazy wavy hair too. Well done and yes I can't wait to play with Lulu's images too. :)Peggy

JD said...

Cute card, nicely colored...Great job with the challenge!

I'm Renee said...

Great, fun card...
love those colors!!
And that sentiment is perfect!
Of course...
my handwriting would have the FBI seeking me for crimes I did not commit...
But you did great coloring...
we are our worst critics.
Love it!

Tammy said...

Fabulous card! Love how its colored.

Anonymous said...

This is terrific. Those colors look sensational with this image. Your handwriting is actually nice too.

I kept thinking - if only they had an Rx image! My handwriting looks great on prescriptions. One of my doc bosses said he couldn't read MY handwriting...

Congrats on your great DT news above too!

Terri Fleming
Brat Cards @ SCS

Cindy Major said...

What a cute image!!! Looks great with the colour combo :)

Marlene said...

Fantastic card! Gorgeous color combination...nicely done!

Heather said...

Your card turned out so well. I love how you colored the flowers especially. Great job on the challenge.

bumblebee creations said...

love the image you used on this card! Great handwriting and colors!

Holly said...

Wonderful card! Love your fun handwritten sentiment.

Michelle Philippi said...

Love the handwritten sentiment...another layer of personalization. And all that coloring...my gosh... This is delightful!

Rebecca said...

Love this! Beautiful colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...