Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Holy Carp!!!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

I have some very exciting news to share with you today.
I was asked to join the wonderful DT over at Skipping Stones Design for the month of August as a Guest DT member.  I was so darned excited when I got asked to participate!!  The DT is always filled with such fantastic ideas that I am truly honored to be working with them!

So..........Holy Carp!  I did think this when I got the email to join them........but, for today, I'm using this stamp set for my brother's 40th birthday in September.  He is an avid hunter and fisherman, so this set couldn't be any more fitting!

I wish you could see the glittery belly of the carp.....It's very subtle but adds a charm to the card.  Since this was a masculine card I used some brown rubber cording (from my jewelry making days of long ago) instead of ribbon paired with my new Half & Half dies from PTI.  They worked perfectly for the sketch this week.

And of course, I had to get a little "jab" in at him since I'm the OLDER sister!  ;-)

This was pulled together using this week's awesome Skipping Stones #87 Sketch below:


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Holy Carp stamp set
DCWV - Amber Autumn and Amber Autumn Glitter stacks
Half & Half dies
By the Numbers dies
Kraft, Terracotta Tile, and Rustic Cream cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Jumbo Java
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
at You Spica glitter pen - Clear
Inkssentials opaque pen - White
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - #553 (silver hooks on inside image)
Copic markers - Y15/18, YR02/15/18, G94/99, and E55/57


I can't wait to see what you create........so, use that sketch and post your project over at the Skipping Stones blog so that you can win a free stamp set!



HAPPY STAMPING!

18 comments:

Arlene said...

Congrats Stephanie...a spot truly deserved! :) This card is simply beautiful!

~amy~ said...

Holy Carp is right...this is absolutely FUN! So glad to have you on board for the month of August!

Brenda Weaver said...

adorable! your brother's gonna love it! It's great to have you designing with us this month!

Judy said...

Great card, I love the inside as well. Have a great day.
Judy

Karen C. said...

This is such a super cardf for a brother .... it's fun to have a little humour in the card!! the Half and Half dies really work perfectly here as well.

Jingle said...

ACK! This is too cute! I love the way you used this stamp set! Too fun! Thanks so much for joining us this month!

Ivy said...

hahahha omgosh i love this card its adorable!

Cathy Weber said...

Just bookmarked this one. I love the sketch and your take on it. It is so great. I love the number background on the 1/2 & 1/2 dies. So good! Congrats on the Guest Designer assignment, you will do great I am certain of it!

Tamra said...

Wow Stephanie....this is such a cool card! Love how you turned it into a 40 card with the numbers...so glad you are joining us Stamp Tramps this month!

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Really darling card Steph!! ;)

Kara said...

congratulations....adoraable, fun card!! when i first read your post title, i didn't think it said carp...ha!;)

Karen B. said...

Such a fun fun card! I am so looking forward to making some pun filled cards!

Jessie said...

Love it!! The holy crap just cracked me up!

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Stephanie! Your coloring with your Copics is great too! I hope you have a super day and thanks for joining us this week!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Stephanie, what an awesome job you did with that set...Holy Carp is one I still need to get since DH loves to fish...love how you finished the inside, and oddly enough I just made a Happy 30th card for my son this weekend! So glad you're playing with the Stamp Tramps this month!

Jill said...

Ha! Too cute, Stephanie, and it sounds *perfect* for your brother! Congrats again!

Kim said...

Stephanie, what an incredible card. Love the colors and the way you used the half and half and by the numbers dies. Just too cute.

Lorraine said...

Stephanie, this card is so cool! Love the colors, design and that great image & sentiment! I bet he totally loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...