Saturday, August 27, 2011

Felt Flower Fusion #7!!!

Hi, everyone!

It's Saturday!!!  And I'm headed out with 7 awesome friends to a wine festival.  We go every year with each other and have such a wonderful time.  I come home each year with my sides hurting because of all of the laughing and carrying on that we do all weekend.  I truly think it's a great form of therapy!

So, I guess it's time to share my card, right???


My PTI release arrived on Saturday (last weekend) and Flower Fusion #7 and a die are all that I've had time to use so far. But, wow was this card ever fun to make!  I just love how it turned out!




See if you agree!

I started out making 4 die cuts of the flowers and folding them in four and hand-sewing the bottom "V" to keep each triangle closed.  Then I started playing and loved how this looked.  It's one flat die cut with 2 of the folded ones standing up back-to-back.  I used some tacky glue and it's together pretty good.  I love how it turned out.

Please click to enlarge to see how beautiful the heat embossing turned out.  I did all the stamping on the Vintage Cream cardstock and then used the Cover-a-Card overtop with VersaMark.  I used clear embossing powder and the shine is just amazing.  I think the leaves on the flower really look awesome with the texture over the ink.



I created this card with 2 challenges in mind......
Card Positioning Systems #232 Sketch Challenge and the Play Date Cafe #96 Color Challenge.





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Flower Fusion #7 stamp set & die
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Flourishes
Stampin' Up patterned paper - Sending Love (retired)
Ocean Tides felt & ink
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients cardstock - Mint
Vintage Cream cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Pink Petunia
VersaMark ink
Filigree embossing powder - Clear



Thanks again for stopping by!


6 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful card and flower. The embossing does look great.
TFS
Ang

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the color combinations. The embossing is beautiful.

Jessie said...

Awesome card Stephanie!! I love how your flowers pop off the page! And WOW to your embossing skills!!! Hope your wine tasting was a blast!

Andrea Ewen said...

That felt flower is just adorable! The embossed background paper is the pefect medium for it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous flower! Gorgeous embossing and stamping! LOVE your take on all these challenges! THANKS so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

Kelly said...

Love love love the dimensional flower! Very pretty card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...