Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Autumn is coming!!! Skipping Stones Blog Hop!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Are you ready for a blog hop to see the newest set of Skipping Stones Designs stamps?


Welcome to Skipping Stones Sketch #89 and the release of their new set, Everyday Blessings!  Play along with this sketch and you could win any SSD stamp set of your choice!  How's that for fun!!!

If you just came from Jennifer Ingle's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all of the fabulous designers' blogs in order for a chance to win this new set.

This month SSD is welcoming Karen Baker, Maureen Plut, Kryssi Ng and me to their team as Guest Designers!  Teri Anderson is providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month, including the sketch we are using in today's hop!



Here is my card using Everyday Blessings and Teri's new sketch!


I just absolutely love these whimsical leaves!


I used several techniques in making this card.

For the background, I used distress inks and a waterbrush.  I simply rubbed the distress inks on Ranger's Non-Stick Craft sheet and then dipped my waterbrush in the ink and spread it on the leaves.  I wasn't too worried about the colors mixing or if I had drops on the stamp, as I was trying to go for a water-colored look.

For the 3 larger leaves in the center I stamped them in Jumbo Java and then heat embossed with clear Filigree embossing powder.  Once the images cooled off (just a few seconds), I sponged on the distress ink color trying to get a deep, dark hue at the bottom of each leaf, working to a lighter hue on top.  I added the twine and then adhered it to the patterned paper.



Teri did a wonderful sketch for this week's challenge, as it open for basically anything you want to use.  Here's this week's Skipping Stones #89 Sketch below:


Head on over to Wendy Jordan's blog for some more Everyday Blessings inspiration from Skipping Stones Design.
Stephanie Mino (you are here)


I can't wait to see all of your creations!


Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Design - Everyday Blessings stamp set
Imaginisce - Apple Cider patterned paper
Cuttlebug - Swirls embossing folder
PTI - Rustic Cream & Terracotta Tile cardstock
VersaMagic ink - Jumbo Java
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Tim Holtz distress inks - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany and Rusty Hinge
Water brush
Twine




HAPPY STAMPING!

13 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty! The woodgrain was a perfect choice!!!

I'm Renee said...

Fabby!!
LOVE that background!
And the woodgrain goes perfect with those leaves...
a gorgeous card!!

catnap said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you used the leaf stamps in two sizes.

CraftyRia said...

I like the textures! Great job.

Lillian Child said...

What a delightful card!

~amy~ said...

Such a wonderful card!!!

Karen B. said...

Great background stamping, so pretty!

Kim O'Connell said...

This is so pretty that it actually makes me feel ok about summer coming to an end and fall making it's way on in! Nice job, Steph!

Kim O'Connell said...

This is pretty enough to make me ok with summer coming to end and fall making its way on in! That's hard to do! Well done, Steph!

Brenda Weaver said...

oh how pretty, Stephanie! I love the wood grain and the falling leaves stamped on the card base.

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Gorgeous leaves, and love the background colors!

Maureen said...

gorgeous leaves!! Oh my :) Love how you used the sketch this week :) Thanks for inspiring :)

Jan Garber said...

How pretty! Great sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...