Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sympathy Card for SCC Week 3

Good morning to you from camp!!!

Yep!  I'm still here, but yesterday I totally got crafty!
DH had to run back home for the day, so I was left here myself.
So, what's a girl to do???  SHOP!!!

After watching the technique video for yesterday's Summer Card Camp Week 3 class, I realized that I didn't have any of the Tim Holtz distress inks that I needed for this week's color combination.  So, I made a list of the ones I wanted to buy and set out for the LSS that is about 20 mins. from here.  I'm so glad we don't have something like this close to my home because I would be broke!

Anyway.......12 Tim Holtz inks later (and many other things) I got back to camp ready to do some "fingerinking!"  I absolutely loved this technique and had so, so much fun with it.  I would really like to make some Christmas cards using reds and greens, but I'll have to save that for when I'm at home!  ;-)

Over the next 3 days, you will be seeing similar cards since I did all the fingerinking at the same time..........but all the cards have a different message and turned out really nice.

Here's #1!
This Unity stamp was something I found at the LSS on clearance and it was just perfect for this technique.  I didn't have my Perfect Pearls with me or I would have used those to give it some shimmer.

I know that I'll be doing this technique again.  Once you have everything out and around you, you literally can go-to-town making many of these focal images very quickly.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Unity Stamp Company - Untamed Beauty wood mounted stamp
Through the Trees stamp set
Mat Stack #5 die
Double Ended Banners die
Filigree embossing powder - White
Kraft, Dark Chocolate and Stamper's Select White cs
Tim Holtz distress inks - Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Fired Brick, Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo




 Thanks for reading my blog today!!!

10 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

That is GORGEOUS! But, ummmmm, finding that stamp on clearance doesn't negate the TWELVE distress inks you bought! Hmph. I just sounded like my husband.

Margaret M said...

Hey Stephanie! Love the card...I just watched the video and it looks like so much fun. I guess I need to make a shopping list too!

Jen said...

You have finger inked your little butt off here. Wonderful! I had to laugh when read the technique as I am such a grubby crafter that nearly everything I make ends up somehow finger inked. Lol. you've done a magnificent job here. And well the additional distress inks...mere incidentals. Love my distress inks. Not sure how I'd be without them. Gorgeous card.

Dana said...

Oh Steph, this has to be my favorite card of yours ever. It's just so artsy and unique! The fingerinking is crazy awesome, and everything just fits together so well. Great card. Maybe retail therapy is good for your mojo!

Shirley said...

How gorgeous! What a great result with the ink, lady!!

Danielle said...

Seriously beautiful!!!! I have yet to try the finger inking technique...although you would never know since my fingers always seem to be inky lol

Arlene said...

This is gorgeous! :)

Arlene.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, Stephanie! Love how you used the different colors in your finger inking. And isn't it fun getting inky and dirty, lol!

carol (krillsister) said...

All three of your fingerinking cards are gorgeous. Love the colors and the stamp.

Jessie said...

Your fingerinking cards a so cool! I love the contrasting you achieved! You have such a wonderful way of pulling things together!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...