Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Card Camp Baby Card that is TOOOOOO Cute!!!

Losin' time again!
It's already Friday (thank goodness) and I've spent most of my week in my craft room!  
I just love summer break and am taking full advantage of it this year!

This card turned out so darned cute!
I found 2 new local scrapbooking stores and I have been stopping as often as I can.  On my last trip, I picked up a couple of packages of Bo Bunny's Layered Chipboard stickers.  Since the lion that I used in this card fit perfectly with the Summer Card Camp Week 2 Color Challenge, I had no choice but to use him!

Please click to enlarge this picture to see all of that glitter on his mane and nose.......I can't wait to give this one away!

I thought this sentiment worked so well with the little lion.


The sketch that I used came from Card Positioning Systems #225 Challenge.  It allowed me to pull in the light and darker orange for the color challenge and then use the 2 greens and the red in the lion.  
I love it when there is harmony in my craft room!  ;-)

Here's the sketch!

AND.........

Here's the color combo, again!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Bo Bunny layered chipboard - Zoology
Round & Round stamp set
Inside & Out: Baby stamp set
DCWV matstack - Safari Kids
Tag Sale #3 die
Ripe Avocado cardstock
Taylored Expressions - Light Olive cardstock and grosgrain ribbon
VersaFine ink - Toffee & Onyx Black



7 comments:

Kristin said...

wow, this is a FABULOUS card!! you are making me want to stop surfing and start creating :)

Judy said...

Love this card, great use of summer camp colors. Have a great time crafting.
Judy

Cathy Weber said...

I love this card Stephanie. That chipboard lion with all that glitter is such a great choice for a baby card. Most baby cards are so blue or pink and this one is such a nice change. That patterned paper is really interesting and a perfect choice with the lion.

Monica K. said...

Adorable! I like how you placed the lion on the tag. Very fun card!

Keva said...

Aww...this is adorable!! Love that lion..he's too cute.

Shirley said...

How totally cute and what a great card for a baby book too!

Michelle Philippi said...

Totally love the non-traditional/dark colors in this new baby card. Always love the cards that stand out from the crowd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...