Monday, July 4, 2011

Squigglefly Monday Challenge!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!
I hope you are celebrating your Independence Day with lots of friends and family!

What a great way to start off the week......a holiday and a Squigglefly Challenge!
Today's challenge also introduces you to part of the new Squigglefly DT.
I'm a part of Heather's Headliners DT and we will be posting creations every other week starting today!

So, without further ado...........This week's challenge!

Now is the time for the beach, the sun, swimming, picnics, baseball, etc.  Create something that makes you think of summer!!!

Remember you can participate in this challenge no matter what digi or stamp you have; however, if you want to be in the drawing for some FREE Squigglefly images, you must use at least one Squigglefly image.  And, with all of the images that Squigglefly has to offer.......you won't have a problem finding something for this challenge.


For some reason, I am stuck on my favorite line of Squigglefly images by Lynne Stansbery......the Shy Bear images!  I used one last week and I'm using another one this week.  Shy Bear: Swellin' with Melon is just perfect for this challenge because when I think of summer, I think of red, juicy watermelon!!!

I just liked this non-traditional view to show you the double buttons.

Aren't those die cuts from PTI just adorable as a border?  So cute!




I'm also entering this into my very first Deconstructed Sketch #8 Sketch Challenge!  I've been watching and watching and when I saw this one for this week, I couldn't pass it up!  It was absolutely perfect for the image and die cut watermelons!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Images - Shy Bear: Swellin with Melon
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Gingham
Fruit Fusion: Melon stamp set & dies
DCWV - Nana's Kitchen
Berry Sorbet & Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Crimson
Pure Poppy buttons & twine
Gina K. buttons - Autumn assortment



Thanks so much for taking a peek at my blog today and be sure to visit the other DT creations.  
You can find a ton of inspiration over at the Squigglefly blog!


10 comments:

Holly said...

Stephanie this just darling! I love the paper you used, and those die cut borders look like little watermelons themselves! Too cute! Wonderful coloring too. Happy 4th!

Keva said...

What a sweet little image. Love the borders you created, too.

Dana said...

eeek! How cute is this? You are so clever to use the watermelon as a scallop border...genius idea!

Rose A said...

too cute !! I love watermelon as scallops too, so great when a bunch of different element from different companies can come together for one harmoniously beautiful card !! Coloring is great too !

Tammy said...

Really sweet card Stephanie. Love the watermelon design.

Shirley said...

How cute is that little guy, Stephanie! I love what you did with the edge on the right too! A really fun and pretty card too!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Great job Stephanie, I really enjoy the Deconstructed Sketch too. Wonderful scallops at the end, they look like watermelon slices.

Karen C. said...

Oh.. this is so sweet. The watermelon and bear image is adorable and the scalloped watermelon border is perfect for this card.

Marlene said...

Fabby summer card, Stephanie! Way to go on your first challenge with Heather's team!

Pat said...

I love Shy Bear as well. He's perfect for a summer card, watermelon at the ready. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...