Monday, July 25, 2011

Simple Rub-Ons for cards??? Yep! Never used them before!

Happy Monday!

I have a card for you today that was quite messy to make but a lot of fun!

I'm very bad at coming up with a CAS card all by myself and need sketches to get ideas......but, this one I did myself.  Please click to enlarge it so you can see all the glittery goodness.

I bought this kit about a year ago when I first started stamping and didn't know what I should buy.  As you can see, I got it for $1.29.....LOL  Hadn't used it until THIS challenge......LOL

Here are the 4 kits that I bought that day........Maybe I have to get crackin' on some simple, glittery cards!


So, why was it messy???  The way they have the glitter packaged.  Try getting all the extra glitter back into that little tube.  Oh, I do the paper folding trick so that the glitter has a channel to guide it to the holder but those tubes don't stand on their own so try holding the tube w/ one hand and pouring the glitter with the other........NOT fun....lol  Right now, all the glitter is in Tupperware-like containers.....LOL

I'm using this card for the CAS-ual Friday's #12 Challenge which is to make a CAS card using a rub-on.  This qualifies, I hope......even though it's a glittery rub-on.



Materials Used:
PTI - Stamper's Select White cardstock
K&Company Rub-On Glitter Kits


Wow.......That was a quick materials list!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

That's really cool-- I've never seen rub-ons like that before! Great card, Stephanie!

Jen said...

You weren't wrong when you said it was full of glittery goodness. This is too cool. I've never tried this either. I don't even go the CAS for the reason I struggle something fierce. But this looks fun (in your capable hands that is). LOL That's my kind of supply list too. Great job Miss Mino. Hugs.

Shirley said...

No kidding! What a really great kit and the way you used it is wonderful!! Very pretty!

Virginia L. said...

This sure qualifies, Stephanie!! In fact, that is splendid! Sorry that this still a bit messy to do...but I love how delightful this card is with all that glitter.Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...