Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI's Stamp-a-faire Challenge #9

Hi, again!!!

Today, PTI is sponsoring a Stamp-a-faire in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm so disappointed that I was not able to attend.......But, they are offering challenges every hour on the hour and I am doing my best to partake in each one.

So, you know what that means, right????
Lots of posts today!!!

This is for the Stamp-a-faire Challenge #9 which is to  look at your stamps in a new way, turn them, rotate them at new angles and see if YOU can come up with anything unique!


I am so stinking excited over my discovery that I can't even type this without smiling.  SERIOUSLY!!!

I used Fruit Fusion: Grapes stamp set & die to make a poinsettia that is held together with a brad and then I used the handle from Favor It - Box 4 die as a basket!!!

I die cut 6 grape bunches, but after stamping them with VersaMark, I cut off the stems.  Then, using a thumbtack, I put a tiny whole in the grape at the point.....inserted the brad and fanned them out like a flower.


The holly leaves and sentiment are embossed w/ clear embossing powder and look so, so pretty.......but, I wish my sentiment would have come out a tad bit darker.  Maybe I should have used white embossing powder for that.  Oh well, I love the overall result.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Fruit Fusion: Grapes stamp set & dies
Leaf Prints stamp set & dies
Year of Flowers: Poinsettia stamp set (sentiment)
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Holly
Favor It Box 4 die
Stampin' Up impression folder - Square Lattice
Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Pinefeather and Rustic Cream cardstock
My Mind's Eye: Stella Rose brads - Hattie
VersaMark ink
VersaMagic ink - Cloud White
Vintage Cream ink
Filigree embossing Powder - Clear



Thanks for taking a peek, today!

9 comments:

Kara said...

how cool is that??? you should be smiling!!

Cathy Weber said...

Now you know I have to comment on that CAC Holly background! I love it! I have planned to get that one before Christmas. You sure were busy today! You made some great cards. One of these days you have to tell me how many Christmas cards you send out every year. You have made more than anyone I know!

June K. said...

All I can say is WOW.

deb said...

What a great idea for the grapes.

Magirk said...

Very clever - I love it! ;-) Great ideas.

Marlena M. said...

This is really cool! ;)

Gabby said...

Very creative flower! Nice poinsettia, however, I'd say it could be used as an all around flower as well. :)

Huguenot Girl said...

Very creative Stephanie - love how you have made the basket from the handle of Favor It #41 And I didn't guess how you had created the poinsettia until I read the detaeils - so clever! Thanks for the inspiration! Nicole x

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

What a bee-utiful way to create a Poinsettia look. A friend told me about the PTI challenge that she entered. I have a few PTI stamps. I'm a new follower of your blog.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...