Tuesday, July 26, 2011

PTI's Stamp-a-Faire Challenge #10!!!!

Hi, again!!!

On Saturday, PTI was sponsoring a Stamp-a-faire in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm so disappointed that I was not able to attend.......But, they offered challenges every hour on the hour and I did my best to partake in each one.  The last post did not go live at the same time as the others,  so Nichole posted it on Monday and we get until today to add our cards for the last of the challenges.


This is for the Stamp-a-faire Challenge #10 which is to add a stamped focal point over a stamped background, all in the same layer!  There is really a lot of opportunity here for some fun mixing and matching!

I'm so excited about my card because I got to use my new Background Basics: Vines......To get it to work, since it is a rather bold background stamp.......I added my ink then stamped it on scrap paper BEFORE I stamped my background panel.  It worked like a charm!

See what you think!
I love the BB:Vines with lime green and purple!  I didn't feel like masking off the flowers (long day) so I just used a Copic marker and hand drew the stems from looking at the one that comes in the Daydreamer set.


I'm also entering this into the Clean & Simple #150 Sketch Challenge which is a very fun sketch!  You could use hearts, flowers, stars........I was thinking Fancy Flourishes and Star Prints in red, white and blue, but then went in the flower direction instead.  I'm sure either would have looked wonderful.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Daydreamer stamp set
Background Basics: Vines stamp set
Botanical Silhouettes stamp set (sentiment)
Lime Twist patterned paper - Happy Go Lucky
Core'dinations cardstock - Stormy Gray
Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress ink - Shabby Shutters
VersaMagic ink - Spring Pansy & Purple Hydrangea
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Copic marker - YG97


Thanks for taking a peek, today!

17 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Ooooh! I LOVE this card! Love the color combo an those flowers! Think that Daydreamer set will be going in my cart on my next PTI order!

Arlene said...

Love it! Great colors and perfect for the challenge. :)

Arlene.

I'm Renee said...

Fabby card!!
I'm so sorry that I didn't get to all the cards from Saturday...
there were so many...
I couldn't keep up! :)
I don't know how you managed them all...
I had absolutely no crafty mojo...
very distracted...
so this is actually the only one I've managed to get a card for...
trying to win a set for Cathy!
But all of them were fabby...
still amazed that you got them all done...
and CONGRATS on winning a set for all your effort! :)
I'm so going to this event next year...
I'm planning and just hope nothing interrupts it! :)

Kara said...

really pretty...i love the flowers in the various purples!!

June K. said...

The colors are stunning and love the background vines you used. Wow, you just looked and drew the stems?!?!?! Boy you are good.

Gina said...

Daydreamer just keeps climbing up my wishlist...cards like this are why. This is *stunning*!

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful card. I love purple and green together.
TFS
Ang

Karen C. said...

The background vines is a great choice for the flower images.
Congratulations on all your craftiness this week-end and winning a stamp set from PTI.

Shirley said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and your whole design! The sentiment is wonderful!

Anne B said...

Lovely card Stephanie. Fantastic colour combo and the flowers are so effective. The background adds so much depth I must give it a try!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous, great take on the sketch...hope your week is fabby!

enjoy *~*

Vicky Hayes said...

The over stamping worked fine and your stems are great. Love that green and purple together too.

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

FABULOUS!

Heather said...

Very striking card- I love love the purple with the green. Congrats on winning the new stamp set too.

Rose said...

Stephanie you did such a great job with ALL the challenges !! Love the colours and layout, and way to go on your win ! Whoo hoo!!

Amy said...

LOVE purple and green together!!! This is fabulous Stephanie! Congrats on winning a new stamp set....it's so nice to recognize some names for a change! Enjoy!

Jill said...

Stephanie, the Daydreamer flowers are STUNNING here! I love how you used them! And those stems don't look hand drawn--great job! And congrats on winning a stamp set! Woo hoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...