Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI's Stamp-a-faire #7 Challenge

Hi, again!!!

Today, PTI is sponsoring a Stamp-a-faire in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm so disappointed that I was not able to attend.......But, they are offering challenges every hour on the hour and I am doing my best to partake in each one.

So, you know what that means, right????
Lots of posts today!!!

This is for the Stamp-a-faire Challenge #7 which is to have a "play date" with your stamps and discover 2 or 3 images from different sets that layer together in a surprising way!


I don't know why I was drawn to Blooming Button Bits, but I ended up pairing that with one of the Flower Fusion sets.  I know that it's not as original as Betsy's, but it did turn out very pretty, if I do say so myself.....LOL

Oh.......Something else that I discovered.......You can take 2 of the Half & Half dies and layer them to make a pretty cool looking panel like I did below!
This card is actually filled w/ mistakes that turned out making it look a bit "artsy."  After stamping one of the branches, I dropped my acrylic block and it lightly stamped the leaves again........so, I did that all over so I wouldn't have to recreate the panel......Then, I could not for the life of me get the 2nd flower in dark pink to line up directly overtop the light pink.....so, I sort of put them off center and I really like the look it achieved.  Not bad for a card filled with mistakes....lol



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Half & Half stamp set & dies
Blooming Button Bits stamp set
Flower Fusion #3 stamp set
Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush and Vintage Cream cardstock
VersaMagic ink- Pixie Dust & Pink Petunia
VersaFine ink - Spanish Moss & Onyx Black
Recollections dimensional sticker and pearls


Thanks for taking a peek, today!

7 comments:

June K. said...

Stephanie, I love your "mistake" card (LOL). If you didn't tell us we would never suspect it was a "mistake" card. I love what you did with the two half and half dies and how you decorated them.

Magirk said...

I'm with June - I never would have known they were mistakes! Everything looks so intentional, and beautiful. ;-) I love the way you've layered the stamps here for an 'artsy' background. And that half and half layering is clever - I'm going to have to remember that one! Great job. ;-)

Victoria said...

This is really lovely, Stephanie! Great job with the challenge. Wish my July release order would hurry up and arrive so I can play with Half & Half!

Gabby said...

Pretty card. Nice color choices. :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

No mistake about it the artsy look is wonderful.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

- elbeth - said...

What a wonderful card! The very best use of the Half & Half dies I've seen! And the pink tone of the card... Wow! Makes me think of wild strawberries, grandma's garden and summer...
I love it!

Jill said...

Stephanie, I think the "mistakes" are what make this card! Just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...