Saturday, July 23, 2011

PTI's Samp-a-faire Challenge #5!!!

Hi, again!!!

Today, PTI is sponsoring a Stamp-a-faire in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm so disappointed that I was not able to attend.......But, they are offering challenges every hour on the hour and I am doing my best to partake in each one.

So, you know what that means, right????
Lots of posts today!!!

This is for the Stamp-a-faire Challenge #5 which is to take a solid shape, and create your own custom "faux" border!

Another card with no sketch as a starting point!!!

See what you think!
I used one of the little mats in Tiny Tags and only stamped half of it around the card.  I think it turned out perfectly.  The real fun was making the swirly rainbow colored.  Too fun!



I'm also entering this in the Color Throwdown #151 Color Challenge!  I love the colors this time which are light pink, dark pink and yellow!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Tiny Tags stamp set
Happy Trails stamp set
Tim Holtz distress inks - Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Shabby Shutters, Chipped Sapphire, and Dusty Concord
True Black & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Wrinkled Ribbon made by me
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks for taking a peek, today!

11 comments:

Karen C. said...

Love the bright and clean look of this Stephanie. Awesome rainbow effect.

Krista said...

LOVE the rainbow colors on this! especially on the written "trail"

Lynn said...

so cute, love that rainbow design,

June K. said...

So colorful and creative.

Gabby said...

Cute card with such vibrant colors of the rainbow! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

Great idea for BOTH blogs! I will repeat your rainbow "swirly" . I can see how much fun you had making this card!

Mad for Paper said...

Wow, everything is gorgeous. Looks like you've had a fun day of stamping.
TFS
Ang

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the calligraphy pen & art palette look to this. I do calligraphy. My daughter is studying Art Animation in college and is quite the artist. Ck out my blog if you like and you can see a sketch she did of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow on my blog sidebar.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kristin Eberline said...

Beautiful! I love the border!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!!

Jessie said...

Cool card! Love the rainbow boarder!!

Jill said...

Very clever, Stephanie! This is one of my very favorite cards I've seen with this sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...