Sunday, July 10, 2011

One last Summer Card Class Week 2 card!

Boy did I hit the ground running and have a mojo flowin' type of week.

I ended up making 7 Summer Card Camp Week 2 cards........
2 Squigglefly Design Team cards (for future weeks)
2 Cards Magazine publication call cards for Jan. & Feb. 2012
and 
5 birthday cards

I started thinking about that as I was getting ready to post this last one for SCC and I had to go look again........lol  Great week of crafting for me!

So, here's that last card!
Different color combination but used Kristina's same sketch from yesterday.  Amazing how you can get two totally different looks!


Here it is!
Love the colors for this from the Play Date Cafe Color Challenge.  Sometimes muted colors are so pretty!


 This is my very first rolled fabric flower!  Isn't it just awesome!  I found Cosmo Cricket's Glubers at my local LSS and I snatched them up immediately.  I'll have to make a tutorial for how to use them, because it made this flower quick and simple!  I have to give a little shout out to my dear friend Kathy who gave me her scrap strips of fabric. 

I am using this card for the Play Date Cafe #89 Color Challenge and entering it into the Summer Card Camp Week 2 Gallery because I used on of Kristina's sketches.  Maybe with 7 entries I have a chance at that huge PTI prize package!!!  A girl can dream, right?



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Heidi Grace stamp set - Greetings
Turning a New Leaf stamp set
My Mind's Eye Stella Rose - Hattie patterned paper and brad
Fine Linen card stock
The Girls Paperie ribbon pack - Vintage Whimsy
Tim Holtz distress ink - Broken China
Glubers
piece of scrap fabric



Thanks for spending time reading my blog today!



10 comments:

Sue Ann said...

B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L!!!!!! Love it all!!

Fiona said...

Beautiful card Stephanie - that flower is lovely! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Cathy Weber said...

I love the rolled flower! Great job. You will have to show us how to do it one day. The fabric you used goes so well with your paper choice. I love the sketch too!

Rose said...

Stephanie I LOVE this card, so soft and pretty. The flower is so stunning..have to force myself to stop using all caps !!mine dont ever look that nice and tight when I try, so please post a tutorial..and good luck with the submissions !

Jessie said...

Awesome card Stephanie!! I love the flower! It adds such a cool dimension to your card!

Amy said...

Stephanie this flower is GORGEOUS!!! I love this delicate color palette!

I'm Renee said...

Love the colors...
so calm after the "fiesta" earlier this week :)
But your flower is FABULOUS!
Gorgeous!

Kelly said...

Love this!!! The flower is beautiful and I love the color combo!

Ruby said...

Wow you have been busy, I'm on Summer Card Camp too but only ended up making a couple so far!

Love your rolled flower, really pretty and lovely use of our colours too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That fabric flower is AMAZING! And such a perfect color for this week, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...