Sunday, July 24, 2011

Martini Birthday, anyone???

It's Sunday and I'm praying that the temperatures are little lower today!!!  After 2 days in the upper 90's and the heat index over 100 degrees.........and..........NOT having air conditioning............. this crafty girl is ready for some cooler temperatures!
 
Since my craftroom is in the basement, it was much cooler down there, so that's where I've been hiding out the last few days.....lol
Here's what I created!
A martini to cool me off!

I'll have a cupcake martini, please!!!

Impression Obsession is having a wonderful challenge this week (even though I think they are all wonderful) and the challenge is to use ONLY IO stamps.  I have many of their Cover-A-Card stamps (9 if I'm being honest) but I only have 2 of their stamp sets.  I think this image is going to be used quite heavily!!!

If you click to enlarge the photo, you can see that I used 2 CAC stamps.  I first used the Screen CAC in a light pink and then used Stitches CAC overtop in a light green.  Then I also used their Birthday Cakes stamp set for the martini and sentiment.

Here's a 2nd shot so that you can see the dimensionals used under the large square and the martini glass.


I'm also using an alternate color palette from SCC Week 4.  The 4th combo down is the one I chose to use with light and dark pink, brown, lime green and white.


And.......I used the Inkspirations #79 Sketch Challenge to pull it all together. 



Materials Used:
Impression Obsession - Birthday Cakes stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Screen stamp
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Stitches stamp
Basic Grey patterned paper - Sweet Threads
PTI - Pink Blush cardstock
Lush decorative brads - Green
Martha Stewart - Zinnia stickers
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients club ribbon
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Yellow Barite
Ranger Liquid Pearls - Petal Pink
Memento ink - Black
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Sakura Gelly Roll pens - #553 & #554
Tim Holtz distress inks - Shabby Shutters & Spun Sugar
Copic markers - RV10/34, E25, R29, and YG23


Thanks so much for visiting me today!  I hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods!


9 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Fun! I love this card and love the pay out! Need to check out those cover a card stamps!

Stephanie said...

Don't do it, Kim........You'll never go back! LOL Seriously, there are so many of them and the new ones coming out are just awesome!

Victoria said...

Fun card, Stephanie! I have that birthday martini stamp in wood mount. I actually had set it aside to sell/give away, but now I'm thinking I should keep it!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is really cute! I recently bought my first IO stamp (the gingham background) but haven't really used it yet. Maybe I'll get it out today! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley said...

What a really great and pretty card! How creative with the CAC stamp and the way you mounted your image too! I love that ribbon and the brads!! So beautiful, Stephanie. I want to thank you for playing in both challenges too! Good luck in the drawings!!

Paula Huiras said...

I really love the colors on this card, the layout too!
Paula Huiras

Shannon White said...

Wowzers! this is to Darned Cute! Love the B-Day Mrtini image, it's my Favorite I/O stamp! Love how you used your CAC's too! Fabulous card! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Christine Blain said...

What a cute, happy card; the cupcake martini made me laugh out loud!

Jessie said...

Stephanie awesome card! The Martini glass ROCKS!!! The back ground stamp is really neat too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...