Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hello Flowers

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Just a quick post as I have so much to do today.  Sorry that I have been absent from my blog for a few days but I'm helping to teach a 2-week professional development course at a local college and the days are LONG!!!  It wouldn't be so bad except for the 45 minute commute both ways.  I keep thinking......I could make 2 cards in the time it takes me to go to and from campus.....LOL

Anyway.......I made this card yesterday morning and thought I'd post it real quick!

The "hello" sentiment is heat embossed and really pops off that chocolate brown when you see it in person.


This card came out of inspiration from both of these challenges.  The SplitCoast Stampers #343 Sketch Challenge and the ColourQ #95 Color Challenge.  Loved them both, so why not combine them, right?



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Communique Curves Sentiments stamp set
Beautiful Blooms #2 dies
DCWV patterned paper - Cotton Bloom Stack & Amber Autumn Stack
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Fresh Snow ink
Filigree embossing powder - White
Vintage Buttons - Holiday Mix
Want2Scrap bling
We R Memory Keepers - 1/8" corner punch




Thanks for stopping by today!!!

9 comments:

I'm Renee said...

Fabby card...
really love the layout!
Hope the class goes by quickly for you...
especially that drive...
uugghhh!!
But think of all the crafty ideas you can come up with on the drive! :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Stephanie! Such a cool design, love what you did with the colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Karen C. said...

Great colour combo, Stephanie. The flower is a perfect addition, as well. Sounds like you've had a very busy summer. Hope you can find some time to relax ( and craft!!) before your school re-opens.

Jessie said...

Neat card Stephanie! Love the colors you used!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, long drive, but I bet that extra $$ will come in handy. I wonder what you might buy? Couldn't possibly be stamps, could it? I love the sketch you used and the patterned papers that you put together with the color challenge. Very pretty with the scalloped flower focal point.

Christina said...

Beautiful work with these challenges, Stephanie! The patterned papers are gorgeous, and I love that simple flower. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Kim O'Connell said...

Great combo of challenges! Love the heat embossed sentiment!

Arlene said...

Such a great card Stephanie! Love the colors and the clean crisp look of this.

Jill said...

I {heart} that Cotton Bloom stack--great papers, Stephanie! And I think the hello POPS in the picture too! I hope the class you're teaching goes well, and goes by fast so you can get some more crafting in before school starts. I had to LOL at you saying you could get two cards done during your commute time--I wish! I'm so slow, I'm a 2-hour per card minimum myself! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...