Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gotta have some Christmas in July!!!

I can't believe it's Thursday already!!!

I'm still campin' and I'm still stampin', but it's my last day and by the time you are reading this, I'm probably already packed and on my way home!!!  But.......I did make several cards that I have scheduled to show you throughout the rest of the week!


Here's another card that I made on Wednesday.  DH was so sweet, today.  He said since it's my last day I could craft until my heart was content......and in the 96 degree weather, I opted to stay out of the heat in the air conditioned camper to do just that!  Perfect way to end my trip, if you ask me!




Here's one of the 3 cards I made Wednesday afternoon!

Now, I know that this is a little untraditional (well, actually a lot),  but it is really growing on me.  You see, I absolutely loved the sketch this week from The Sweet Stop and I was almost ready to make a baby card using the center panel when I saw the words..........Christmas in July.......on the sketch!!!  Ughhhhhhhhh.......I never saw a blue reindeer or a turquoise tree, so a fancy ornament was going to have to do......lol  I'm not sure you can tell in the picture, but the faux stitching and the little glittery circles on the bulb are done in the prettiest turquoise.

The colors were inspired by this week's SCC Color Challenge.


And.........as mentioned in the caption above, I'm using it for the Sweet Stop #117 Sketch Challenge




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Inkadinkado - Christmas Words stamp set
 W Plus 9 -Poinsettia Patterns stamp set (sentiment)
DCWV - Green Tea Stack
Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Martha Stewart glitter marker - Aqua
Versa Fine ink - Deep Lagoon


Thanks for stopping by to check out today's post!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful card for the holidays! Love the ornament, beautiful.

I'm Renee said...

Even though I'm a "traditional" girl when it comes to Christmas...
I think those colors are fabby!!!
What a cool Christmas card!
The pp is awesome...and love the ornament!
Great take on the challenge too!
Fabby card!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty holiday card Ctephanie. Love the ornament and the great color combo. Thanks for jpoining us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Gina said...

I love "non-traditional" colors for Christmas. That card is *fabulous*!

antoine said...

Love the simplicity and the purety of your card.... Pierrette

Jessie said...

Great card Stephanie! I love the ornament! Very non traditional! Those are my favorite kinds of cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...