Saturday, July 2, 2011

First Wedding Card

Hi, everyone!
I'm hoping that you are enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends!

Today, I get to be crafty!  Well, all weekend I get to be crafty because my husband is at the river lot with a friend fishing and relaxing......something he needs very badly.  So, being the wonderful wife that I am, I said, "Sure honey.........just go!"  ;-)  All of you crafty peeps know that even though I'll miss him, I was thinking cards, cards, cards.........LOL

Anyway, Friday night I got home from a trip with the girls to a PM requesting a wedding card.  I have never made a wedding card and was a bit anxious about making something so important for someone.  Before saying yes, I went looking for some inspiration and found it with Nichole Heady (one of the owners of PTI), once again.

She featured THIS CARD on her blog way back in March of 2008!  I instantly fell in love with it, especially the little vellum pouch (the templates for both the card and envelope are in the link).  One big problem though.........I didn't have a single stamp that she used.  So, a little ingenuity on my part with the stamps that I did have ..........and I came up with this card.



I sure hope Carli likes it!

Carli told me the wedding colors were blue and silver.

Love that Poinsetta Pattern stamp with the rhinestone in the middle.

The vellum envelope makes all the difference!

Please make sure you check out Nichole's original post as this is a CASEd card and I don't want the credit.  I'm just so happy that I could make it work with the stamps I had.
Thanks, Nichole!!!!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Verve - Love Story stamp set
Take Note stamp set
Faux Ribbon stamp set
Bitty Background Blocks stamp set
WPlus9 - Pinsetter Patterns stamp set
Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circles dies
Marvy punch - 1 1/4" Scalloped Circle
Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Vellum & Silver cardstock
Brilliance ink - Pearlescent Sky Blue
Taylored Expressions - Light Blue satin ribbon
Oriental Trading rhinestones - Light blue


Thanks so much for taking a look at my blog, today!
Enjoy the holiday weekend!


12 comments:

Sue in Grapevine said...

very cool & elegant card!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous! and your fold and the vellum is just very very elegant too!

Mad for Paper said...

One would never know this was new for you. Beautiful card.
TFS
Ang

June K. said...

Hi Stephanie, Beautiful card. I love Nichole's/your vellum pouch for the card. I remember thinking way back in 2008 how much I liked it. I never got around to CASing it.

Keva said...

This is lovely. I remember that card actually and you did a wonderful CASE of it.

Jen said...

Gosh you sure did manage to make it work and rather fabulously too I must add. So pristine and pretty. Was she over the moon? Silly question, hey? Of course she was! It's a beautiful ensemble.

Cathy Weber said...

Just goes to show PTI is timeless! This card is as beautiful today as Nichole's was back in 2008. Great job and on your first wedding card too!

Karen C. said...

Beautiful details, Stephanie. Love the colour scheme you've chosen, too.

christy compton hall said...

Wow, how can she not love it? This is beautiful! I love the colors and the fabulous detail work.

Michelle Philippi said...

Perfect colors...very fancy...and vellum always seems to be the perfect touch on wedding cards. Enjoy your crafty weekend!

Gina said...

Beautiful, Stephanie! And here's a little whoo-hoo for some no spousal unit around crafting time!

I'm Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love that vellum envie...
so want to try that!
And it came together perfectly!
Enjoy your crafty time!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...