Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fancy Fruits for Summer Card Camp!

Happy, happy Sunday to you!!!

 This is my 2nd post of the day!  If you haven't seen the first, please hit the "home" button and then scroll down after this post!

I am sadly posting my next to the last card for Week 2's Summer Card Camp combination (last card coming later today).  If you haven't noticed, I just fell in love with it from the very first time I saw it.  What I like most about it is that you can make warm and autumn type cards with those colors or use bright and summery type tones, like this card.  I seriously am going to miss it.......but, I have a feeling that for Week 3, I'll be just as stoked!

Here is my bright and cheery card!
Anyone ready for a picnic?  That's immediately what I think of when I use this Impression Obsession Gingham stamp.  I loveeeeeeee the look it gives to this card paired with PTI's Cane Print impression plate.

If you click to enlarge the photo, you'll see all the glittery goodness on the 3 pieces of fruit.  It looks so amazing in person.  Don't you just love my stacked buttons and rhinestones.  I was pretty excited to make that work!  It's the little things that make me happy.....LOL
Oh, and I used Jennifer's tip with placing the knot of a bow between two small pieces of dimensional tape so the button stays straight........Worked beautifully!!!

Hold on to your hats because this card is going to work for THREE challenges!!!  Of course the first and most obvious is the Summer Card Camp - Week 2 Color challenge.

Secondly, I'm using the Skipping Stones Designs #83 Sketch Challenge.  Did you notice those awesome fruity stamps???  It's the first time that they have seen ink as I just got those with my other SSD stamps last week (**wink**wink** I still have 2 more sets to share w/ you.....so look for cards made with those, soon!).  With this set, I love that I can make that citrus fruit stamp either lemons, limes or oranges!!  Too cute!


Finally, I'm entering this card into the Impression Obsession's "Hello" challenge for this week.  I used another Cover-A-Card stamp (Gingham) on this one.  I really wanted to flip this sketch and use one of the IO vertical stamps......but there wasn't a "hello" stamp in that set.  Wahhhhhhhhh!!!  Oh well, I'll get to use them soon.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Designs - Fancy Fruits stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Gingham
Hello Friend stamp set
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions - Red cardstock
Cane Print impression plate
Fiskars corner punch - Heritage
The Twinery Twine - Peapod & Mandarin
Pinefeather and Autumn Mix buttons
VersaFine ink - Satin Red & Onyx Black
Memento ink - Black
Oriental Trading - Red rhinestone
Copic Multiliner 0.5
Spica glitter pen - Clear
Copic markers - YR02/07/09/30, R24/27/29, YG11/13/17 and E18


Thanks so much for stopping to look today!!!


9 comments:

Danielle said...

I LOVE THIS CARD! It's so sweet and summery, and perfect use of the color combo.

Shirley said...

You are so right, Stephanie, it does look like someone is ready for a beautiful picnic! I love the Gingham as a table cloth and your mat is perfect for it~! Thank you for playing, Steph, and good luck in the drawing too!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love your card! What a beautiful embossed background and the watermelon looks scrumptious! I LOVE me some watermelon :-)

Cathy Weber said...

Love this summery fruit, Stephanie. Looks so cool and inviting. Now I learned something from card camp even though I'm not going! That dimensional tape idea is so simple, but I know I never thought of it! Great card and I think you are getting so much from your trip to camp.

busybusyhoneybee said...

Oh how I love this card! I love that it made me smile first thing this morning! I needed that! :) What a happy card! now I'm thinking I need this set too... LOL

I'm Renee said...

SUMMER!!!
That was my first thought when I saw this...
it just says "Summer" perfectly!
Love the fruit...
and that gingham background is on my list!!
Fabby card!!

Jingle said...

This is super cute! That stamp set works perfectly with the sketch!!!

Lorraine said...

Ooh this is so cute - I love the sparkly fruit and the embossed background!

~amy~ said...

Well, Hello there:) Sweet Card! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...