Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Do you have some Sassy Shoes???

Happy Hump Day to ya!!!

I'm still campin' and I'm still stampin'!!!

The inspiration for today's card comes from the last week of Summer Card Camp.  The color palette is just gorgeous!  Lots of turquoise and blues to definitely make you think SUMMER.  And with the temperatures radiating much higher than any summer that I remember in quite a long time, these colors will definitely cool you off.

You may have to click to enlarge the photo, but the shoes from Skipping Stones Design's Sassy Shoes stamp set are done in a turquoise, sky blue and teal.  Love this color palette!


I tried using Jennifer's letterpress technique with PTI's Linen impression plate.  It didn't work as well as hers did and I'm wondering if that is due to the fact that it wasn't an embossing folder.......I didn't scrap it though, because it did give the front of the card a pretty cool look.

I'm also using this card for the Skipping Stones #85 Sketch Challenge!  This sketch lends itself to so many wonderful cards.......I love the 3 little boxes across the top.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Sassy Shoes stamp set
DCWV - Green Tea Stack
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Linen/Canvas impression plate
My Mind's Eye Stella Rose - Mabel decorative trims
Memento ink - Pear Tart
Versa Fine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks for stopping by to check out today's post!

10 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

No one does stampin' campin' like you! I am so jealous! The idea of being plunked by a lake with all of my stampin' supplies is like heaven on earth! Love your fun card!

Tammy said...

Great card Stephanie and I agree, awesome colors.

Pam from Maine said...

Love your card. "It's all about the shoes"---and colors of course!
Nicely done!

Lorraine said...

YOW...I love your card, Stephanie! Awesome take on the card camp challenge! I love the vibrant colors you used on your card. This color combo was tough for me, lol, but you rocked it!

Gina said...

Stephanie, this is a great card! I love the look of the letterpress technique with the PTI impression plate, too. It almost has that dry brushing look that Lisa did in her MIM video.

Jingle said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SSD!

Jessie said...

Great card Stephanie! Love the shoes!

Karen B. said...

I think your background turned out fantastic and the blue shoes are awesome!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Oh, this is awesome...thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design this week.

~amy~ said...

super fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...