Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Campin' Stampin'....................

is taking a lot to get used to!!!  LOL

I figured stampin' while camping wouldn't be an easy task, but yeesh will this take some getting used to!

I did manage to make a card today (will post it tomorrow) but not without a lot of effort and every available open counter, table or end table available......lol

Step 1 - Pull out all the patterned paper you have to match the colors needed.  In my case it was for the Summer Card Camp Week 3 challenge.  I don't have too many "browns" with me.......so a stop at the LSS 20mins. away may be necessary.....lol  Anyway, the floor was the best place for this as I didn't want to take up valuable counter space.
Step 2 - Camper dinner table was set-up central.  The seat and bag beside it has my cardstock and stamps.  On the table is my cutter and stamp case with the stamps I was using.  On the seat on the left was my score pal and the patterned paper I was using.  If you click to enlarge, you'll notice my laptop with the Word document I keep all the updated sketches in.  Since I can't print it out and have it with me, I just brought the page up on the screen.

Step 3 - My patterned paper leaning up against the couch.  My 6x6" pads are in the boxes and my 12x12" are in the bag......One of the jobs I want to get done this week is to cut all those big pads down to the smaller size.  I got one done today!
Step 4 - Set up Vagabond on endtable (plug is right there), put die storage on the floor to the right and have cataloged stamps on hand to look at sets (on chair)............
Tiny counter between sink and stove was the stamping surface with my foam mat underneath.......Not much room, but better than nothing.

Sooooooooooooo, we'll see how much stamping I get done this week while in the wilderness.
The good thing though,

This is my view................


So, if I don't get to do as much stampin' time like I normally do, I won't be too, too upset!  ;-)

8 comments:

I'm Renee said...

Great setup!! :)
You're so organized!
And with that view...
I don't know that I would complain if nothing got stamped! :)
Have fun! :)

Judy said...

This is wonderful that you stamp while you camp. Have a great time
Judy

June K. said...

Stephanie, you made me smile. I see you are bound and determined to get some cards made. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Kim O'Connell said...

You are too damn funny! Crafting to go! I have anxiety knowing I will be in the White Mountains in NH for a week with no access to my "goods!"

christy compton hall said...

I am NOT good at packing for stamping-on-the-go, so this was such a fun post for me! Sure wish I could paddle around that lake!

Kristin said...

Hysterical!! I think my dh has some blog reading to do tonight :)!!

Amy said...

I LOVE this post Stephanie! You have all you need......Vagabond and everything! You are a die hard stamper! Love it!

Jessie said...

What a great way to camp!! When I go we have a tent only so stamping is out! I would love to camp in a camper!! Beautiful view! Hope you all are having a wonderful time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...