Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes!

Happy Tuesday!!!
I have a pretty busy day ahead, but I'm hoping to get some crafty time in, too!

I've got 8 birthdays this month.........EIGHT!!!! 
Thankfully many of the cards are done because I worked ahead, but I still have to make a few more.  So, if you are wondering why I'm posting so many......You know now!


Here's today's birthday card!
This was inspired from the first color combination in the picture below.  When I saw the sketch (below, too), I thought a few little cupcakes would be perfect!
 This was the first time that I stamped on DCWV glitter stack patterned paper.  I had to heat set it, in order for it to dry, but it really came out very nice.  You may have to click on the picture above to actually see all that glittery goodness.  Once again, you are also seeing my Stitches Cover-A-Card from Impression Obsession.  I think this is my most used stamp from IO......I just love it!


The inside:  Love that little cupcake!



As mentioned in the caption of the first picture, additional color combinations are given to us every Friday from the Summer Card Camp class I'm taking.  Look at these lovelies!!!  Too bad I made it too late to be put into the drawing for prizes......Oh well, I win because it's another birthday card done.......lol

I used the very first one to make my cupcake tins and sprinkles match!

Then, I used the Clean & Simple #147 Sketch for this week to let the birthday cupcakes come to life!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Cupcake Collection stamp set & dies
Around & About Sentiments stamp set
Tiny Treats: Valentine stamp set
Make A Wish stamp set (sentiment inside)
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Stitches
DCWV patterned paper - Green Tea Stack, The Sweet Matstack & Summer Dream Glitter Matstack
EK Success punch - 1 3/4" Circle
Marvy punch - 1 1/4" Scalloped Circle
VersaMark Dazzle ink - Frost (Stitches background)
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
VersaMagic ink - Aegean Blue & Purple Hydrangea



Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.
I absolutely love receiving your comments!

10 comments:

I'm Renee said...

So adorable!
Love those little cupcakes...
and the colors are fabby!
8 Birthdays!!!
Don't envy you...
of course my busy time is at the Holidays!! :)
Do we get extra entries by using the extra color combos?
I learn something new every day!:)

Debbie Gaydos said...

Stephanie, this is SO CUTE! I love the little "block" of cupcakes with the circle tag, what a great design.

Keva said...

8? Yikes...i'm not sure I have ever had that many in one month. Good luck making those cards! :)

Love the color combination in conjuction with the cupcakes. This is absolutely adroable.

Gina said...

Love cupcakes. Love purple and green. Therefore, I love this card!! Your July sounds like our September. We have ten birthdays/anniversaries in September! It's crazy, guess I should be smart like you and start stamping!

Cathy Weber said...

You know I love those IO stamps, Stephanie. That stitches one is so nice for the background. Love the sketch on this one too. Who doesn't love cupcakes on their birthday?

Danielle said...

I LOVE this color combination!!! One of my favorites from the other options they gave us! Your card is so cute. I did make that green panel behind my card today (started with white cardstock, used Peeled Paint distress ink and my blending tool to color, and then flicked water on it! LOL)

Anne B said...

Adorable cupcakes and all that glittery goodness is just fab. Keep them coming!

Kim O'Connell said...

8 birthday cards?!?! Sheesh! You'd better get crackin'! You are off to a great start wit this little batch of cupcakes!

Cyndi said...

super sweet! i love cupcakes!

www.freizeit-pur.blogspot.com said...

Yummy !
Now I am hungry :-)
It´s a great card, I like it!.
Best wishes from germany,
Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...